minneapolis, and beyond!

Started by duster, October 09, 2006, 04:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duster

wow,

what a good show. i know it's a little late to post a review, but i've been in transition. i am going to post some pictures later, and i will end up posting the clips i shot on my camera on youtube later on.

i caught a whole bunch of $2 Pabst pints beforehand at this Thai restaurant just around the corner from the Fine Line....I have a way of sniffing out cheap booze, and from what I gathered later on, and at the show, and throughout other states on my trip to Vancouver this was the best and tastiest frosty around. The only thing I enjoyed equally were the fresh mofoing Camel lights I got (one things the Americans do well is fresh cigarettes)

Anyway, I did catch part of the soundcheck during daylight hours at the venue. Buzzo was pretty priceless....check, cheeeeeckkii in various pitches...pure hilarity to his voice...doing his job, quite the pro...I guess he has had the same soundman for a long time and it all seemed routine, so he did it in the most entertaining way possible. After five minutes or so (I was behind the merchandise stand) I was asked to move aside past locked doors in order for them to finish up uninterrupted. I wasn't doing anything, but I could understand why they wanted to keep things clear. The club wasn't open yet.

Anyway, back to more cheap Pabst and then to the doors an hour or so later. Ended up being in a short line while some club people were selling tickets. Some lucky mother ended up getting a printed ticket for $5. Coming from Canada, I bought tickets to be guaranteed, but I could have gotten in with my girl for the same price.

rimb

I like a lengthy review, so thanks!

norecess

Yeah, that was a nice read. Thanks.

mopafeena

www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

irezumi

The only down side to seeing shows at the Fine Line is their usual ticket price... However, that Melvins show was kinda reasonably priced I guess... 

I have seen them play there before, as well as Fantomas(those tickets were a little high-priced), Black Rebel Motorcycle club, Spankrock, & a slew of other bands....

Vcavallo

schweet review, dusty.  keep us updated on the youtube clips....
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo