The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrvingtonFoster

i gotta say i'm really happy with the experimental aspect of the album.  i was hoping for that.
slow and low, that is the tempo

dijk cheese

first listen... i like it, much better than their first two. really into i'll finish you off, i agree with the coming into their element comments.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

glen

Quote from: blewis on May 04, 2010, 04:59:42 PM
I'm one song in and it might be the best thing I've ever heard!

don't be starting that "one song in" talk here.   the natives are restless enough.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Komar

ManWithNoName

After listening to it twice I can honestly say that this is the best release since Pigs of the Roman Empire.

MrLuck87

A quick review:

It's another classic Melvins album  :D

MrLuck87

Quote from: (((O))) on May 05, 2010, 07:49:12 AM
Anyone care to mention whether that last track P.G. x3 sounds like the 30 sec amazon clip all the way through??

It sounds like that for about half of the song and then the ending gets really weird.  Not in a COD weird way, just...weird.  It's one of the few parts of the album I'm not sure if I like but that's what make The Melvins so great.

(the) Razor

Can't remember being this pumped for an album.
Don't click this

Jaron

I saw it's like Prick mixed in with one of the Bootlicker/Maggot

the ether bunny

i'm surprised no ones mentioned it yet. this albums got an organ. on more than one track.
he was a mongoloid.

The Fool

Quote from: Jaron on May 05, 2010, 08:06:14 AM
I saw it's like Prick mixed in with one of the Bootlicker/Maggot

you saw what?!?

anyway, it's nothing at all like prick, the maggot, the bootlicker- or any other album.

take care,
The Fool

MrLuck87

Quote from: the ether bunny on May 05, 2010, 08:14:25 AM
i'm surprised no ones mentioned it yet. this albums got an organ. on more than one track.

Because more than anything this album is REALLY unpredictable.  I'm on my third listen and I'm still hearing new things.  

the ether bunny

Quote from: MrLuck87 on May 05, 2010, 08:22:38 AM
Quote from: the ether bunny on May 05, 2010, 08:14:25 AM

Because more than anything this album is REALLY unpredictable.  I'm on my third listen and I'm still hearing new things.  

no kidding. i'm about to hop on the bus for school which means that it will be the perfect chance to give this the proper listen with a pair of headphones, rather than listen to it on a laptop. maiden fucking voyage.
he was a mongoloid.

dijk cheese

whats everyone making of the army back n fourth of the first track?
ive had a few beers and given it a few listens. i dig it, kinda funny, kinda groovy, kinda original. my 3 fave subjects.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

MrLuck87

Quote from: dijk cheese on May 05, 2010, 09:00:41 AM
whats everyone making of the army back n fourth of the first track?
ive had a few beers and given it a few listens. i dig it, kinda funny, kinda groovy, kinda original. my 3 fave subjects.

I wonder if this will be a sing along live.   :lol: