underappreciated melvins songs

Started by Haggardsue, March 16, 2006, 03:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggardsue

ie - not Boris, It's Shoved, The Fool, Night Goat etc.... The songs that after a few listens are amazing and you can't quite figure out why you didn't notice that first time round

1 - In the Freaktose the bugs are dying
2 - Mine is no Disgrace (Don't ask me how I didn't orgasm first time I heard this I must have died for 8 minutes or so)
3 - Teet

Furthermore (I've never used the glow button before this seemed a reasonable time to use it) Once when I was high I wrote the following melvins page on mine and my mates stoner website of things we write when we are high (sensible eh?) and after many years of me saying "no really the melvins are fucking ace" I decided to do something about it. The theory was good but results were varied on the day. excuse the lack of spelling, as I say I was feeling too pleasant to repair it. By leaving it with made up words it comes more from the heart, or something.

www.geocities.com/bathtubnine/music.html

MacBastard

All of them! I want to see Buzz and Dale at the Hall of Fame and winning oscars for soundtracks to Ang Lee films.

But seriously, don't really know what qualifies for this but Skin Horse always brightens my day when I'm feeling a little down.

FartLips

Quote from: MacBastard on March 16, 2006, 03:34:41 AM
All of them! I want to see Buzz and Dale at the Hall of Fame and winning oscars for soundtracks to Ang Lee films.

But seriously, don't really know what qualifies for this but Skin Horse always brightens my day when I'm feeling a little down.
buzz and dale would be more apt to act in ang lee films.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

MacBastard

Imagine Brokeback Mountain with those two in the main roles!

Crouching Buzz, Hidden Dale

anaconda

klump

skin horse is a "driving the bus with sun in my eyes song"  :)

Haggardsue

I was also going to vote for skin horse but didn't know if it qualified, if only somebody had an underappreciated rule book.

Vcavallo

my friend always said Copache is the most under-appreciated melvins song, and i tend to agree.
magic pig detective too
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

norecess

Quote from: Vcavallo on March 16, 2006, 02:20:55 PM
my friend always said Copache is the most under-appreciated melvins song, and i tend to agree.
magic pig detective too

I recently re-discovered both songs. Brad made me listen to Copache again, and not as part of the entire album. Am I stupid for thinking it was on Stag?

Joe Deutrom

Shevil off of Stoner Witch. I completely forgotten this great song. But after hearing it the other day, I had to press repeat on my CD player a few times. Re-discovery can be a good thing sometimes.

CaptainPungent

stoner witch will always be my first love of the melvins.

at the stake...i don't hear much of this song, and it's amazingly great.

rimb

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on March 16, 2006, 03:05:14 PM
Shevil off of Stoner Witch. I completely forgotten this great song. But after hearing it the other day, I had to press repeat on my CD player a few times. Re-discovery can be a good thing sometimes.

I agree.  I love Shevil, it's so hypnotic.

blacksanta

Pitfalls in Serving Warrants - What a beautifully composed song.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Hog log

i have an obsession with spread eagle beagle