Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Joe Deutrom

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on March 18, 2006, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: klump on March 18, 2006, 10:36:51 AM
Quote from: norecess on March 18, 2006, 08:43:53 AM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on March 17, 2006, 01:00:53 PM
Ligature
I'm not so sure this is considered an underappreciated melvins tune but it's great.

Yeah, if it and the whole album for that matter was remastered I think people would realize how crushing that song is.

klump

yeah the drumming on cow is crazy :)

Vcavallo

on cow, if you tap your foot at a steady rhythm, you'll find that dale stays perfectly in beat, or returns to the beat even when he goes off of it for awhile or stops altogether briefly. 
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Hog log

dale beats with clockwork regularity ... he's a mighty-mighty organic metronome

Anonymous

Melvins as a whole are a very, very unappreciated band.

Anonymous

But what about "The Anti Vermin Seed"?

It took me a long time to even be able to listen to this song, now I can't get enough!

GrimReaper

Quote from: rimb_38 on March 16, 2006, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: Joe Deutrom on March 16, 2006, 03:05:14 PM
Shevil off of Stoner Witch. I completely forgotten this great song. But after hearing it the other day, I had to press repeat on my CD player a few times. Re-discovery can be a good thing sometimes.

I agree.

anaconda

Copache. I have a great live version with Dale singing and every time
I put it on, I play it like 100 times in a row with the iTunes repeat feature.
Just amazing riffing and pounding throughout!

ManWithNoName

Quote from: Anonymous on March 19, 2006, 04:48:28 AM
But what about "The Anti Vermin Seed"?

It took me a long time to even be able to listen to this song, now I can't get enough!
Right up until a few days ago that song used to bore me. Now I love it.

norecess

Quote from: ManWithNoName on March 17, 2006, 01:00:53 PM
Ligature

Today I was listening to Bullhead again but in a whole different way - I was at home, sick - and this song stuck out.

I recommend anyone to get sick soon and listen to some Melvins albums, you'll experience the music in a different way.

glen

I'm digging into the archives myself.  Ozma is in the player right now. 
whatever happened to those drums?  you don't hear that on HAT or much of the Trilogy.
the drumming is so much more freestyle and pronounced on the early stuff.
VILE - listen to the first 15 or 20 seconds.

like I said elsewhere, I'm hoping the new set-up with Coady takes us all back to those days when dale's work had equal billing.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

blacksanta

Specimen..........very well could be their masterpiece of psychedelic heaviosity.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Chief Ten Beers

"Moonpie" is fucking awesome, and I don't see it mentioned here much. It's brutally heavy and hilarious at the same time.

Also "Dry Drunk", the middle section by Godzik Pink is like a nice little tribute to the Mothers Of Invention.