melvins - your choice live

Started by anaconda, January 09, 2004, 09:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

this is a great CD, I'll post a review shortly.

TosT

I have yet to hear this album... i really want to get my hands on it

Reverend Ebeneezer

Well, whilst my local Virgin Megastore are convinced it's still available I'm not so sure...can't find any retailer online that still stocks it, however the bloke at the counter suggested that it was still about. It IS deleted, right?

In any case, I now REALLY want to get my ears wrapped around the thing, and wondered if anyone fancied doing a trade for something? I have every official Melvins release bar 'Alive at the Fucker Club' which I could copy for you or if you can suggest a way of cracking Nero, I could burn you the Salad DVD, too. Anyone interested in a trade, or failing that, does anyone know where I could D/L it online or maybe suggest somewhere like Amazon that I might be able to still buy it? Cheers!
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

Mesteren

The "Your Choice" label is still around although they don't have a web site at the moment. But they soon will as they will be releasing more records soon (hopefully).
The Melvins record is out of print because the band wants it that way.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

cheeseburger

i think its funny that the melvins are so apethetic about the your choice album. personally i think its great. i have it on cd, so if you wanted to do a beto style b+p, i would be more than happy to send you a copy. and i don't even want to trade.

Mesteren

Quote from: cheeseburgeri think its funny that the melvins are so apethetic about the your choice album. personally i think its great. i have it on cd, so if you wanted to do a beto style b+p, i would be more than happy to send you a copy. and i don't even want to trade.

What makes it more funny is that it was that album they sent me as a welcome present when I joined the Fan Club.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

brian

At what point in the set does the "It's Shoved" from the It's Your Choice comp belong? I know there is a bootleg video of this show floating around.

brian

black stallion

so are the video( Melvins : 01-23-1991 - Oberhaus - Alzey, Germany) and the live album (your choice live series) taken from the same show? :? i have both the cd both the video.when i listen to the cd it seems to me different than the video...but i'm not sure about this,maybe i'm wrong.anyway....
the set list from the live album is:
heather moves and eyes
at a crawl
anaconda
eye flys
koolegged
tanked (is wispy?)
let god be your gardener
revulsion
if i remember correctly  is different also how buzz introduces the first song "heather moves and eyes" in the video and in the live album.
help me
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

I believe that show was later corrected to be the Febraury 9th show of the same tour, in Villingen-Schwenningen.

Check out some clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRr8dEEXXHQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piJyLreGmkM

black stallion

Quote from: norecess on June 23, 2008, 02:45:09 PM
I believe that show was later corrected to be the Febraury 9th show of the same tour, in Villingen-Schwenningen.

Check out some clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRr8dEEXXHQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piJyLreGmkM

thanks Maarten ,what you say is very probable.i believe  the two youtube video are from a different show than the live album.is the same tour in Germany,but another show and if you listen to the album you'll notice it
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

anaconda

:lol:

"do you guys like Hogan's Heroes?"

Uncle Fester

Stooges

From http://www.markprindle.com/kingbuzzo-i.htm

Well, I actually - the only I don't have is the Your Choice Live Series one.
Oh, I don't think you need that one.

Really?
Nah.

But it's the only one I don't have.
Okay, you don't have it but do you really need it? Nah. I mean, we might end up re- releasing it soon anyway. It was done right around the time of - after we had recorded Bullhead but before it came out. It was recorded in Europe under adverse circumstances.

What adverse conditions? Was this when Lori -
We just didn't want to do the record! I mean, this guy asked us if we'd let him release a live album and we said we wouldn't do it unless he came up with a certain amount of money. I think it was like two grand, which was an outlandish amount for us at that time. So anyway, we're in Europe and he shows up at the show. This is dirt! This is good!

I'm all ears!
So he shows up with money and I'm like `Oh shit, I forgot about this.' I didn't actually think he'd give us 2 grand. I guess I should have said 50,000! Anyway, so we did it and it's kinda weird. It's okay.

Oh. Just okay?
Yeah, I mean it's fine. It's not gonna make pelvises move or anything.

Uh huh?
But I mean, it's good if you like.. good.

Okay.
If you're into good, it's good.

I see.
No really, it's fine... IT RULES!

Oh wow! So it's awesome? Great, I'll pick it up soon!
Yeah, it's really uh. it's really great!