Covers I'd like to hear...

Started by cara, October 22, 2008, 08:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gesundheit

Under My Wheels and a really, intensely heavy  slower version of Black JuJu to finish off that era of Alice Cooper...

Yes, to anything Beatles. Even better if Coady took full drumming duties on these songs in a certain part of a very special set and Dale joined Buzz on guitar!!! Especially: Sun King to The End from Abbey Road (in order), One After 909, And Your Bird Can Sing, Happiness is a Warm Gun, and I, Me, Mine.

Syd Barrett - Effervescing Elephant
Black Sabbath
Beth
Postmortem!
Scentless Apprentice

I am the Sun

If they did Beatles I could totally picture them covering Wild Honey Pie and Blue Jay Way. Personally, I'd like to hear them do more songs in the vein of their cover of Ramones' Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World. That's gotta be their best cover, hands down.

norecess

Here's a video of Torche doing a cover of I Want You (She's So Heavy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qHu8XmbDBA

Komar

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Spellbound

Mad Arab

bathroom creep

As for Beatles covers, I'd like to hear a Melvins version of Helter Skelter or The Night Before.. and many more.

King Crimson - One More Red Nightmare
Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog
The Byrds - What's Happening?!?!
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

(the) Razor

Don't click this

bionicanchovy

I reckon they could turn 'Dropout Boogie' by Captain Beefheart into the filthiest thing ever. Ever.
"I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the fuck is this GARBAGE?' And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers." - Nick Cave

ManWithNoName

Quote from: dead mike on October 23, 2008, 09:01:33 PM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on October 23, 2008, 08:33:12 AM
the who - tattoo
the who - boris the spider
the melvins should become a Who cover band, if only for one album. my head would explode if i ever heard dale and coady tackle keith's parts on "happy jack" and "a quick one while he's away." buzz and jared harmonizing on the vocal parts, too, would be great.
I'm getting shivers just thinking about it

Idlehanz

the who - tattoo
the melvins should become a Who cover band, if only for one album. my head would explode if i ever heard dale and coady tackle keith's parts on "happy jack" and "a quick one while he's away." buzz and jared harmonizing on the vocal parts, too, would be great.

I'd also love to hear them take on a whole Who album.  Great fucking idea.

I am the Sun

I'd like to see them release a covers anthology + one disc of brand new covers.

dead mike

Quote from: Idlehanz on October 24, 2008, 04:54:43 PM
the who - tattoo

I'd also love to hear them take on a whole Who album.  Great fucking idea.
buzz has said the Who are one of his favorite bands. i'm hoping that he's reading this thread and that the rest will soon be history.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Mad Arab

Incense & Peppermint - Strawberry Alarm Clock. Nothing like a hippy song cover to get the Melvins going on a brilliantly humorous rant.

pinkyslim

Any Carpenters, Mule or Pig Destroyer.

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: