melvins pictures!

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, February 27, 2007, 07:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManWithNoName

I noticed Jared uses Squiers aswell. Aren't Squiers lower end fenders?

Whateva, to each his own. I've got nothing to say against his sound. His bass is meeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaan on senile.

glen

Quote from: brian on February 27, 2007, 01:23:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of squiers, however Jared has been a 'professional' musician for a long time so I wouldn't be one to question his decision in gear. It must give him the sound he desires.

I read you brian.   for some reason the fender squire seems to hold NO respect in the music world.  kinda the generic bass.
but like you said,  if jared likes it, so be it.   doesn't sound half bad,  say for example... when the bass comes in on Another 4th of July Ruined.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Mad Arab

Yeah, Squiers are made in Japan versus the namesake Fender which is still made in America for the time being. The same thing goes for Gibson/Epiphone. Gibsons are thankfully still made in America while the Epiphones are made in Japan. However Epiphones sound really good and are well made and the best of all reasonably affordable. Nothing wrong with Squiers. I think it is kind of cool he is playing one. Would love to see him play a Harmony.

Vcavallo

so that's why he hits so hard...he HATES drums
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

mopafeena

Quote from: glen on February 27, 2007, 01:34:58 PM
I'm not a big fan of squiers, however Jared has been a 'professional' musician for a long time so I wouldn't be one to question his decision in gear. It must give him the sound he desires.

I read you brian.   for some reason the fender squire seems to hold NO respect in the music world.  kinda the generic bass.
but like you said,  if jared likes it, so be it.   doesn't sound half bad,  say for example... when the bass comes in on Another 4th of July Ruined.

I use a Squier guitar sometimes. Nothing wrong with it. It plays really nice has a nice sound. It's an older one though. I have no problem with Squiers at all.

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on February 27, 2007, 02:56:09 PM
the namesake Fender which is still made in America for the time being.

And Mexico.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Mad Arab

Quote from: mopafeena on February 27, 2007, 06:07:54 PM

I use a Squier guitar sometimes. Nothing wrong with it. It plays really nice has a nice sound. It's an older one though. I have no problem with Squiers at all.

And Mexico.

What??? So Fender guitars and bass guitars are being made in Mexico now as well? That sucks. Some things should remain in America. Fender guitars are a case in point.

mopafeena

They still make them in the US but you can get say a mexican made strat for half the price of a US one. I have heard that the quality isn't the same though.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

WOLD

whats a squier?
whats a mumus?

CaptainPungent

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: mopafeena on February 27, 2007, 11:35:08 PM
They still make them in the US but you can get say a mexican made strat for half the price of a US one. I have heard that the quality isn't the same though.
the quality is probably better in Mexico.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

CaptainPungent

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 28, 2007, 07:02:10 AM
Quote from: mopafeena on February 27, 2007, 11:35:08 PM
the quality is probably better in Mexico.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJF5lpkA3Ck&mode=related&search=

bUTTHOLEmAN

:lol:
Squiers are made/have been made in Indonesia, China, Korea, Japan, Mexico, and U.S.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

ninjabachelorparty

Have they ever been seen in the same room together?????  :shock: :lol:

Dead Cowboy

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on February 27, 2007, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: mopafeena on February 27, 2007, 06:07:54 PM

And Mexico.

What??? So Fender guitars and bass guitars are being made in Mexico now as well? That sucks. Some things should remain in America. Fender guitars are a case in point.

My mexican Fender Tele does the job for me. the low E rattles but thats the only percievable problem with it, and that can be fixed with a new nut.

I wouldnt pay more than say... 7-800 bucks for a guitar. after that, it better play itself. Or be a King Buzzo signature Gibson.

Vcavallo

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on February 28, 2007, 10:05:04 AM
Or be a King Buzzo signature Gibson.

haha!! with that engraving below the bridge.  that'd be hilarious!
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo