third members paycheck

Started by black stallion, May 27, 2011, 06:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

do you think Jared&Coady(and all the other members who came before of them) get the same money as Buzz&Dale from touring and selling merch or not?

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

anaconda

I don't. Pure speculation here:

Buzz + Dale: 60% / Jared + Coady: 40%

Buzz + Dale: 75% / Rutmanis-Deutrom-Lorax: 25%

Buzz + Dale: 100% / Preston-Lukin: 0%

:o

black stallion

probably you're right, especially about joe and lukin.joe was so excited to play with them that he didn't care about money  8)

(((O)))

Quote from: black stallion on May 27, 2011, 08:29:24 AM
joe was so excited to play with them that he didn't care about money  8)
0%. No wonder they said he was lazy.

norecess

SeattleSam

Quote from: norecess on May 27, 2011, 09:29:50 AM
Quote from: anaconda on May 27, 2011, 08:21:49 AM
Buzz + Dale: 100% / Preston-Lukin: 0%

0% of nothing :lol:
No kidding.  How do you split a quarter and a beer three ways?  :?
I am a raper guy, obviously.

-Dc

black stallion

mmh,maybe with Lukin yes but i don't think they used to get paid just with a beer during Preston's era

John Schuller

Let's look at the latest 7" for AmRep.

$25 x 800 7" records = $20,000 in money coming into their pockets.

- the money spent to record the track, mix the track, master the track = maybe $300 to Toshi?
- the money spent to record the JSBX track, mix the track, master the track = maybe $300?
- the money spent on manufacturing the 7" vinyl = maybe $2,500?
- the money spent on the silk screen printed covers that Haze made = maybe $300?
- the money that AmRep keeps for the label? maybe $1,000?
- the money spent on royalties (to whomever may own the rights to the leadbelly song?) = maybe $100?
- JSBX taking half the copies and half the remaining money?

THE MELVINS ARE FUCKING RICH!!!!!!

Chowder Chucker

Thanks for taking the time to break it all down for us, Boy.
I am now convinced that thirty dollars for a 7" is a STELLAR BARGAIN.
Maybe you can just keep going on and on and on about it?
Perhaps post in some more threads that have nothing to do with that amazing piece of musical history that you've got such a swollen hog-leg for?
This signature has been banned.
It rubbed the right person, the wrong way.

John Schuller

Math hurts doesn't it? It does me every time. Painful shit. I am just pissed as fuck that they didn't just give that 7" away for like $5 each! I mean - with all that fucking money those pricks have - I am sick of them taking us (the fans that make them rich) to the cleaners!

"Swollen hog-leg" - dude. You have a great formula for humor. And what is great about it - is that it is scalable! I mean you can go on and on and on and on and on and on with that shit - for like - days even! Sure, it may take awhile for "some" people to get your sense of humor - but fuck it you know? Where would amazing comics of your caliber be without TRYING HARD?

Here are some more for your consideration. Remember, you can mix and match these to make some seriously funny combinations. Glad I could help! I will keep them coming for my favorite "that internet guy"!

1st word:
Moist
Magic
Rounded
Plumping
Emo
Leaking
Browned
Burnt

2nd word:
Corn-Filled
Chowder
Chuckles
Dong Dong
German
Pastry

3rd word:
Squid
Loaf
Socket
Pocket
Canyon
Nozzle
Lobster
Bucket
Blaster

GrimReaper

I asked Buzz in SFO when he would quit. I said "Buzz, how long are you keep this up, we're getting old?" Buzz said, "You have a long way to go".

That was a while ago, and maybe the long time is coming to an end. I hope not of course, but they need to think about their max earning years.

Mad Arab

Forget the high priced 7-inch. Just buy the 14.00 CD.

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: sadcorps on May 27, 2011, 12:23:38 PM
Let's look at the latest 7" for AmRep.

$25 x 800 7" records = $20,000 in money coming into their pockets.

- the money spent to record the track, mix the track, master the track = maybe $300 to Toshi?
- the money spent to record the JSBX track, mix the track, master the track = maybe $300?
- the money spent on manufacturing the 7" vinyl = maybe $2,500?
- the money spent on the silk screen printed covers that Haze made = maybe $300?
- the money that AmRep keeps for the label? maybe $1,000?
- the money spent on royalties (to whomever may own the rights to the leadbelly song?) = maybe $100?
- JSBX taking half the copies and half the remaining money?

THE MELVINS ARE FUCKING RICH!!!!!!

And rinse/repeat til' the end of time. What you posted right there has to be a decent penny of what pays the bills outside of constant tourings.

Bigval

Bands like the Melvins would make far more money from the aforementioned constant touring than from CD/record sales. They'd hardly be scratching around for money. Buzz would probably lead a pretty cheap lifestyle too if the clothes I saw him wearing at a Fantomas show here back in 2001 were anything to go on, he looked borderline homeless ;)

Druggie shirt, track pants with stains on them and a pair of those old school chelsea boots with elastic sides and no shoelaces.

black stallion

Quote from: GrimReaper on May 27, 2011, 07:05:34 PM

That was a while ago, and maybe the long time is coming to an end.

i think the end is so far,they have more fans now than in the past and buzz contributed a lot to this, writing some of the most accesible stuff he ever did..things are going very strong for these guys,sold out shows are a classic for them..why to quit?maybe for family?(dale?)
btw,i'm pretty sure when they'll decide to quit dale will be a sound engineer/producer and buzz an artist/painter,like captain beefheart