Melvins With Steven McDonald On Bass

Started by meezer, December 03, 2015, 07:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicismyradar

Quote from: TDoxico on October 04, 2012, 12:02:34 AM
Quote from: Bongerman on August 10, 2015, 05:42:36 PM
Melvins have been around longer I would think. It can't be credibility cuz the Melvins have more cred than anyone and probably influenced napalm death.
Pssst
"Napalm Death were formed in the village of Meriden near Coventry, in the United Kingdom, in May 1981"
psst
"Napalm Death are a British-American extreme metal band formed in Meriden, West Midlands, England, in 1981. While none of its original members remain in the group..."
"Current members
Shane Embury – bass (1987–present)
Mark "Barney" Greenway – vocals (1989–1996, 1997–present)
Mitch Harris – guitar, backing vocals (1990–present)
Danny Herrera – drums (1991–present)"

lubes17319

Fan of the McDonald bros since 'Annette's Got the Hits', so psyched for this show!         \:D/

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tony Pepperoni

Quote from: Bengerman on December 03, 2015, 08:31:36 PM
Are the Melvins headlining this tour? I hope so. The last time I saw them where they didn't headline was Boston with Down. I hated Down.  And I hated the Melvins not headlining. The only reason down headlined is cuz of Phil ass-elmo. Maybe he's a good guy but he seems like a douche.

Total douche! I mean just listen to what Bower and Anselmo say about the Melvins. No respect.

https://youtu.be/3Ahx6DX7lOI?t=4m5s

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Tony Pepperoni on December 28, 2015, 06:39:12 PM
Are the Melvins headlining this tour? I hope so. The last time I saw them where they didn't headline was Boston with Down. I hated Down.  And I hated the Melvins not headlining. The only reason down headlined is cuz of Phil ass-elmo. Maybe he's a good guy but he seems like a douche.

Total douche! I mean just listen to what Bower and Anselmo say about the Melvins. No respect.

LOL, what? He says the Melvins opened the door for everybody.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Tony Pepperoni

Quote from: Stonergrunge on December 28, 2015, 07:09:34 PM

LOL, what? He says the Melvins opened the door for everybody.

sarcasm

(the) Razor

Anselmo was blasting Melvins back in '91 in the Pantera tour van.
Don't click this

Bigval

Quote from: GiveMe45 on December 04, 2015, 03:29:13 PM
Technically ND have been around longer and while you'd think Melvins being on a major for a while would put them ahead in sales, ND were on Columbia for one album around the same time and I've heard from credible sources that some of their classics have sold over a million worldwide cumulatively.  ND have never broken up or gone on any lengthy hiatus. 

I'm not trying to argue, I think both bands are up there in the credibility and influence department.  I'm beyond excited that I get to see two of my all time favorites share the stage and I'm tempted to do a little traveling with this tour.  Would be awesome if they rotate slots each night but I'll take it any way they give it.

I remember reading an interview with someone from ND about a year or two ago saying they were selling more albums now than at any other point in their career which I found very interesting.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Tony, your username is just great
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Tony Pepperoni

Quote from: black stallion on December 31, 2015, 11:40:15 AM

Tony, your username is just great

thank you! it was my nickname in prison

ZILLA

When I saw melvins & Down play together it was great. Bower was yelling at them to play old songs and Buzz was like, "We don't know those songs anymore!" I see him at every melvins show in New Orleans.
########################################################################################################

Tony Pepperoni

Quote from: ZILLA on December 31, 2015, 03:26:17 PM
When I saw melvins & Down play together it was great. Bower was yelling at them to play old songs and Buzz was like, "We don't know those songs anymore!" I see him at every melvins show in New Orleans.

I wish Bower was my uncle. He just seems like the coolest dude ever.

joelk

Quote from: Tony Pepperoni on December 31, 2015, 04:49:46 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on December 31, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

I wish Bower was my uncle. He just seems like the coolest dude ever.

Yes! Long live EHG!

meezer

"The Walrus Was Steven"

Thoughts on War Pussy? Anyone?  :o
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix