(A) Senile Animal

Started by blag jesus himself, August 29, 2006, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galvano

Soo, "a history of bad men" an extension of Night Goat?

I like the album, but yeah Buzz has changed his guitar tone to less "in your face" but I guess to make room for the bass man that is Jared.

___-----_____------_____

Just gave it a complete listening, first off I'm not as blown away as I was w/ HAT, but then again it's really not comparable (don't know why I thought it would be, but I did)  I do like the vocal harmonies.  As a whole it left me craving those master buzz riffs he like to do and I thought the whole sound of his guitar has taken a turn on a lot of the songs.  Some tracks really caught my ear though:  Civilized Worm, The Mechanical Bride and A Vast Filthy Prison.  Most of all to end on a totally positive note, I was loving the dual drums throughout, kind of completes the album.
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

ninjabachelorparty

Does the melody of the bassline on 'A History Of Bad Men' remind anyone else a little of 'The Man With The Laughing Hand Is Dead'?

zach

I couldnt hold back my interest. The two things that strike me the best about this one is the vocals - I dig what they are doing throughout. I also like that they carried over the bass tone from Big Business. And of course there are a couple songs that have some really good use of the double drummer... I forget the names right now... but so far I am liking this alot.

blackpeniskurva

Quote from: ninjabachelorparty on August 30, 2006, 12:20:56 PM
Does the melody of the bassline on 'A History Of Bad Men' remind anyone else a little of 'The Man With The Laughing Hand Is Dead'?

Yeah, it sounded familiar.

(PAUL)

The bass line of The Man with the Laughing Hand is Dead reminds me of Night Goat. I have nothing else practical to add to this since I haven't heard it yet, and even though I would like to hear it I'll wait until I can purchase it at either the show or on the 10th.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

norecess

Yeah. Also, the first seconds of the intro of Civilized Worm reminded me of Hooch.

A friend told me today this may be the first album of which they could play all songs live.

(PAUL)

Well that's silly, they've played all of Lysol live for years with that film thing, they played all of HAT on that tour in '02, and they just released a "live" version of Houdini!
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

glen

are we forgetting that the album is not available for PURCHASE until the tenth of October, 2006?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

SacredAndProfane

I'm dying here...everyone talking about it...it sounds soooo good...and I CAN'T FIND IT!!!

I'm going crazy!

AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA

CaptainPungent

Quote from: glen on August 30, 2006, 12:58:43 PM
are we forgetting that the album is not available for PURCHASE until the tenth of October, 2006?
listen to glen, he's a wise man.

andy the angry bald man

i just finished listening to it.. 
i like it a great deal..   it's easily one of, if not the most accessable records the melvins have ever done.  that's not a bad thing at all, but i agree that this may open up their fanbase a bit. 

i was a bit skeptical on jared's backing vocals - until i heard them.  they compliment buzz (and dale) perfectly..    and lyrically, this might be the most coherent batch of songs buzz has written.

i really like the flow of it, it works nicely.

it's great.  just listen to it.  a lot.  and if you "get" it early, get it again when it comes out.

klump

Heres a new thread dedicated to this and only this album (so people get what they look for, the other thread isnt deleted just renamed, but you will find it if it is needed.)

You should visit http://www.southern.com/southern/band/MELVN/

An official mp3 from the new album is located here:
http://www.southern.com/southern/band/MELVN/sounds/IPC82-03-Civilized_Worm.mp3

and might I add, that it is spanking good!

steveybabes

Sorry everyone....I've let our side down and listened to the track before the 10th !!!!!!!!!!
I just couldn't wait...............But, HELL I'm glad I did, Coz what a track !
I am going to love this album..................well done boys