Post your Melvins collection

Started by Chuck Hartford, June 05, 2006, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

black stallion, he's using a Squire Bass VI with an EGC bolt on neck. But yeah, I still can't believe it either. I get the impression that he's not the sentimental/nostalgic type and I also don't think he's much of a gear head. When he sold the orange one he told me it was to fund the purchase of more gear. I'm guessing an amplifier, but who knows? Didn't ask.

Dumpster D, it wasn't cheap, but let's just say that I'm really, really, really glad that my favorite bass player is Kevin and not John Paul Jones or Roger Waters or someone that famous. It costs more than most fans would spend on memorabilia, but way less than a damn house or whatever similar sum of money something like Paul's Hofner would go for. I'm a painter so I don't collect much art because I'm up to my neck in my own stuff. For me this is art. And I get to take it off the wall every now and then, plug it in to the old Ampeg and do my best Night Goat.

amazonAMAZON

Kevin really had the green manalishi. Can't believe you got to own that.

black stallion

Quote from: Pelican on February 15, 2020, 10:20:48 PM

Dumpster D, it wasn't cheap, but let's just say that I'm really, really, really glad that my favorite bass player is Kevin and not John Paul Jones or Roger Waters or someone that famous. It costs more than most fans would spend on memorabilia, but way less than a damn house or whatever similar sum of money something like Paul's Hofner would go for. I'm a painter so I don't collect much art because I'm up to my neck in my own stuff. For me this is art. And I get to take it off the wall every now and then, plug it in to the old Ampeg and do my best Night Goat.
=D>
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 16, 2020, 11:18:27 PM
How apt.

Dumpster D

Quote from: jules on February 17, 2020, 10:08:48 AM
Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 16, 2020, 11:18:27 PM
How apt.

That is probably the reason the covered that song...Kevin whipped out that guitar and said "hey check it out...it's the green Manalishi..."  lol.