in-store show at Amoeba Records, April 2002

Started by Green Honey, July 26, 2017, 06:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

only song they played from that album in recent years (big biz line up) is Black Stooges
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on August 25, 2017, 01:14:41 PM
only song they played from that album in recent years (big biz line up) is Black Stooges
I didn't remember that at ALL! I thought BB Melivns had NEVER played ANY material from HAT. But i just had a look and you are totally right. Back in 2010.

Captain CoryCory

Watching now and holy fuck this is legit amazing.

Is that Mitch Hedberg three minutes in!?

homeless_dad

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on August 25, 2017, 04:03:23 PM
Is that Mitch Hedberg three minutes in!?
I know Amoeba better than I know my own house and he is browsing the "Spoken word/Comedy" section. Making sure Amoeba is well stocked with the latest Hedberg album, perhaps??
Is Ian back yet??

Oscar

Quote from: glen on August 25, 2017, 12:52:39 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on August 25, 2017, 10:18:44 AM
Quote from: glen on August 25, 2017, 07:02:44 AM
no slide bass.
Im sure whoever is the bassist at the time could reinterpret it though.

personally I agree. in fact, I think that would be a really good idea.   anybody who plays bass for MELVINS is likely going to be a unique musician.  let them do their thing.

I think some of those songs were written with Kevin or at least with Kevin in mind, that might be a factor. He definitely has writing credits on Foaming.

If you think about it, certain lineups have a couple of their own tunes that aren't really played with anyone else, and a lot of them do sound like there was more collaboration with the respective bass players.

Stuff like The Mechanical Bride, Dog Island, Pig House, The Talking Horse with Big Melvins
Bar-X, Buck Owens, etc. with Mark
Hold It In stuff with Pinkus
Melvins Lite stuff

This is one of the reasons why a Melvins supershow with all active members would be the shit! (as well as a logistical nightmare)

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: Oscar on August 26, 2017, 11:03:38 PM
no slide bass.

personally I agree. in fact, I think that would be a really good idea.   anybody who plays bass for MELVINS is likely going to be a unique musician.  let them do their thing.

I think some of those songs were written with Kevin or at least with Kevin in mind, that might be a factor. He definitely has writing credits on Foaming.

If you think about it, certain lineups have a couple of their own tunes that aren't really played with anyone else, and a lot of them do sound like there was more collaboration with the respective bass players.

Stuff like The Mechanical Bride, Dog Island, Pig House, The Talking Horse with Big Melvins
Bar-X, Buck Owens, etc. with Mark
Hold It In stuff with Pinkus
Melvins Lite stuff

This is one of the reasons why a Melvins supershow with all active members would be the shit! (as well as a logistical nightmare)

I'd love to see that go down even as a one-off deal even if it means everyone has to take turns with one or two songs at the most/is forced to use the same bass.

lust

I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu

jonE5

no slide bass.

The Fool, The Meddling Idiot    Would be stunning  with any of the current bass players.

The Anti-Vermin Seed   would crush it also.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: jonE5 on November 05, 2017, 01:44:50 AM
no slide bass.

The Fool, The Meddling Idiot    Would be stunning  with any of the current bass players.

Quote from: jonE5 on November 05, 2017, 01:44:50 AM
no slide bass.

I really wanted Buzz to do Anti Vermin Seed on his acoustic tour
I got the shits real bad.