Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge

Quote from: (the) Razor on June 03, 2016, 06:06:11 PM
Melvin's gone mainstream....putting album art on the front of a jewel case. What next???

A music video featuring Justin Bieber or Kanye West.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: (the) Razor on June 03, 2016, 06:06:11 PM
Melvin's gone mainstream....putting album art on the front of a jewel case. What next???

Not the first time for Melvins Ipecac CDs. I just checked and both Houdini Live '05 & Chicken Switch are standard jewel cases w/ album art on the front. I do like when the album art is on the back. It makes total sense, the space is bigger. Thank God these are not those oversized digipaks that Ipecac favors lately. I can deal with digipaks if they are the same dimensions as a jewel case(ie. orginal Honky pressing). These odd, slightly oversized ones drive me nuts, plus half the time they don't bother to put the CD in a fucking sleeve :x. :lol: Don't have BL today, should be in mailbox tomorrow.
  Cows - Daddy Has A Tail(yellow vinyl) showed up at my doorstep today though. :cheers:

Pound4abrown

Got about 7 spins on this one, my favorite since Freak Puke.

black stallion

Quote from: meezer on June 03, 2016, 08:29:02 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 03, 2016, 08:26:27 AM
Ha! That's a surprise. I knew i had heard that name somewhere. I wonder what her connection with the band is outside of the interviews.
You didn't pay your Google bill, Ian?  :D
:lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Quote from: heartandsorry on June 02, 2016, 12:30:15 PM
hey cool! I was checking out Planet Destructo and actually recognized that first part it as an "unknown" song the band used to play live in the 90's, and it was actually put out as well ..

who knows which song I'm talking about?  8) :?:

damn! i think you're right! is Dale singing on that one?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on June 04, 2016, 07:54:21 AM
is Dale singing on that one?
I thought it was him. The liner notes give a break down on each song with the different bassists but oddly omit both Planet Destructo and Maybe I Am Amused.

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 04, 2016, 08:05:20 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 04, 2016, 07:54:21 AM
is Dale singing on that one?
I thought it was him. The liner notes give a break down on each song with the different bassists but oddly omit both Planet Destructo and Maybe I Am Amused.
I'm assuming you looked that up before you tore up the packaging?  :D

http://thequietus.com/articles/20351-melvins-bases-loaded-album-review
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bengerman

I didn't take the time to look thru this post to see if someone already said this but did anyone notice planet destructo is that live jam from the barbaraal single? Not a great song. I never liked it before and they didn't really do much to make it any better.

Bengerman

Ok. I see it was just brought up. Sorry. I think it was just listed as jam if I'm not mistaken. And I think it was for barabaal (sp?) which was some kind of comic book

meezer

Quote from: Bengerman on June 04, 2016, 12:39:00 PM
I didn't take the time to look thru this post to see if someone already said this but did anyone notice planet destructo is that live jam from the barbaraal single? Not a great song. I never liked it before and they didn't really do much to make it any better.
Had to look that up.

http://www.themelvins.net/discography/singles/barbaraal/index.html
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Quote from: Bengerman on June 04, 2016, 12:39:00 PM
I find it a surprise you don't like it. I think there's a couple of other candidates on this record that would be more worthy of disapproval. I actually like Planet Destructo quite a bit. Works well at that point on the record too.

))))((((

A comment on YouTube i couldn't agree more with...

"I've been a fan of the Melvins since 1993, and I've spent a lot of money on their CD's, shirts and shows, so I've earned the right to say this: for the most part this album is great, but the silly, "humorous" stuff has been wearing thin on me for the past few albums. Blatant, throwaway filler crap."

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 04, 2016, 01:54:17 PM
A comment on YouTube i couldn't agree more with...

"I've been a fan of the Melvins since 1993, and I've spent a lot of money on their CD's, shirts and shows, so I've earned the right to say this: for the most part this album is great, but the silly, "humorous" stuff has been wearing thin on me for the past few albums. Blatant, throwaway filler crap."

Fuck that. I like the sillier songs. It's not wrong to laugh at music. Not to mention it fits the more "juvenile" nature of Melvins 1983

))))((((

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 04, 2016, 03:22:06 PM
It's not wrong to laugh at music.
I'd say it's not wrong to laugh at laughable music, but i personally don't want the bands i like or admire to be laughable. Im sure no one does. I've mentioned this before, but i have a real problem (read that as "dislike") for humour in the arts. That makes me sound like a very boring, overly serious killjoy but i do like humour and fun in life. Just definitely not in the arts. For me, that's so one dimensional and i hold such pursuits to higher standards.

Bengerman

Yea I dunno. I haven't given the record a good headphones, lights down, focused all the way thru listen yet but just the first impressions so far are that planet destructo and maybe I am amused are not great. Also since I've already heard the majority of these songs on the original releases, it makes this sound like a collection instead of an album. But I like a lot of the other songs. I love decay of lying beer hippie and captain comedown. Choco plumbing is pretty great. War pussy Phyllis Dillard and hideous woman are ok. And I like shaving cream and take me out. I think it's kinda cool how they are doing these novelty songs on the Melvins 1984 albums.