Boner Records Re-releases Ozma and Bullhead

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, February 18, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Supposedly coming soon, gatefold editions for both albums.

midheaven.com
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Jozzy

Ohhh, I have been holding off getting the reissue because I really am not a fan of them being packaged together and also wasn't a fan of how they looked. I hope this is for real!

(PAUL)

:-k well since I got those twofers a while back I probably don't NEED this, but if it's like $10-12 maybe?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Fureon Nectarmoon

PepsiMike

tbang2391

are they also remastered cause bullhead is really muddy in the 400 hz area  :? still their best from the early 90s
tbang2391 music covers videos cool news and more
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgldMv6FqYUxeOI466hl0_w

check it out

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: tbang2391 on February 22, 2018, 09:14:32 AM
are they also remastered cause bullhead is really muddy in the 400 hz area  :? still their best from the early 90s

I have the two-fers, they sound awesome. They'll probably end up more collectable in 5-10 yrs. I'm not that much of a completist where I'd need to buy the single album versions too.
You must be referring to the Bullhead CD? Yeah, it's pretty thin, but if you turn the bass up all the way, it does the trick 8). The 2015 LP reissue sounds way better than the CD. These new reissues will be of the exact same sound quality as the two-fers.

meezer

I've always thought if you record Bullhead on a tape at about a 6.5 - 7 recording level it compares pretty favorably with material from Eggnog and Lysol recorded at 5 or a bit lower.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

GrimReaper

I wonder why Tom Flynn put out the double releases? Maybe he was testing the interest before funding proper re-releases.

If that's the case, 10 Beers is probably correct.

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 22, 2018, 05:44:31 PM
They'll probably end up more collectable in 5-10 yrs.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: GrimReaper on February 23, 2018, 08:09:24 PM
I wonder why Tom Flynn put out the double releases? Maybe he was testing the interest before funding proper re-releases.
I was thinking the same thing as well.  Probably figured it would sell, so why not?

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on April 12, 2018, 06:08:59 PM
No ETA yet?

What a coincidence! Just updated:
https://midheaven.com/item/ozma-by-melvins-cd
You can pre-order the Ozma gatefold LP for $17.50 + shipping.
eta: 4/27/18

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

GiveMe45

Would like to get both and would prefer to order both at the same time.  Any word when Bullhead is up?  Might just make the voyage downtown to 2nd Ave Records.  They typically have any new Melvins release.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Strangely the Bullhead lp isn't up yet, I'd assume it would be released along with the Ozma, but.. who knows.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

Jozzy

I got an email from one of the people that works at Midheaven that my Ozma lp shipped yesterday. I asked if there was a date that the Bullhead lp was going to go up for pre-order, but have not got a reply back yet. If they do reply back I will post here when it is supposed to go up.