atp 25-27 may 2012 curated by atp +mogwai (melvins, slayer, sleep...)

Started by norecess, November 09, 2011, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: Idlehanz on November 11, 2011, 08:01:00 PM
Quote from: tinnitus photo on November 11, 2011, 12:05:49 PM

i heard Lukin is gonna be in this lineup too.

Where did you hear this?  I'll try to find out if it's true or not.

atp states on their site that it is the original line-up that hasn't performed since 1994...

black stallion

Quote from: buddy holiday on November 12, 2011, 06:37:41 AM

atp states on their site that it is the original line-up that hasn't performed since 1994...

that would be a good chance to clear up a few things with buzz
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Alex-

I think that part was about Codeine, since Codeine broke up in 1994

oldernie

Quote from: Lunica on November 11, 2011, 11:20:57 AM
its more like 2 floors of comics, art books and action figures :D

if you like stuff like that though there are a few other independant shops around the same area of london.
even a kidrobot shop isnt far, although its pricey.
best toy shop is called playlounge and its in soho, about ten mins walk from forbiden planet.
also there is a comic book/art book shop just over the road from forbidden planet but you will probly notice that first if you are walking up from charing cross road anyway.

im only saying this because i wont personally go in forbidden planet and want to encourage others to shop elsewhere too.

ive also read that its original line up of mudhoney playing, think i read it on a newsletter from wegottickets.com
"To be honest i've kind of gone off the band a bit now. I just like to hang out on here because of everyone else."
-jules from brighton quoting - Ian from Staffs.

buddy holiday

Quote from: Alex- on November 12, 2011, 06:51:48 AM

I think that part was about Codeine, since Codeine broke up in 1994

correct sir...

tinnitus photo

heard it via the GBV board of all places.

JUDY

Quote from: norecess on November 11, 2011, 07:55:46 PM
Quote from: )))((( on November 11, 2011, 12:52:29 PM
Im tempted to attend this but can i really endure the nauseating train journey, subsequent stay in London and Slayer fans?  :? :-k

pussy!

Ha. You said what I was thinking.
Sorry, )))(((  :lol:

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on November 13, 2011, 04:39:36 AM
Quote from: erichka on November 12, 2011, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: norecess on November 11, 2011, 07:55:46 PM
Quote from: )))((( on November 11, 2011, 12:52:29 PM
Im tempted to attend this but can i really endure the nauseating train journey, subsequent stay in London and Slayer fans?  :? :-k

pussy!

Ha. You said what I was thinking.
Sorry, )))(((  :lol:
:oops:
and im lazy.

if you were a melvins bassist buzz would have fired you immediately
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Lunica

Quote from: oldernie on November 12, 2011, 07:07:35 AM

if you like stuff like that though there are a few other independant shops around the same area of london.
best toy shop is called playlounge and its in soho, about ten mins walk from forbiden planet.
also there is a comic book/art book shop just over the road from forbidden planet but you will probly notice that first if you are walking up from charing cross road anyway.

im only saying this because i wont personally go in forbidden planet and want to encourage others to shop elsewhere too.

ive also read that its original line up of mudhoney playing, think i read it on a newsletter from wegottickets.com

i've been to playlounge, but prefer forbidden planet. i know its overpriced, but its not like i go there to buy the whole shop, i just enjoy looking at everything :)
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

brian

Quote from: Lunica on November 13, 2011, 04:58:48 AM
Quote from: oldernie on November 12, 2011, 07:07:35 AM

i've been to playlounge, but prefer forbidden planet. i know its overpriced, but its not like i go there to buy the whole shop, i just enjoy looking at everything :)

i went to forbidden planet in jolly old england on my dear friend ingrid's suggestion after we attended atp in minehead back in '09, thought it was a fine place of commerce, found a couple action figurines to bring back for buds while i was there too. i've also been to the one in new york city, i'd be hard pressed to find a reason to talk shit about any store that carries that type of merchandise.

as far as atp, it would be so much more convenient to attend it since it's in London rather than the other side of the country, way different experience too though, staying in the chalet on the grounds of a holiday campground past its prime was also a worthy experience

pic i took in the film museum in london...

JUDY

Cool. I want to go to the film museum.
Is that the Rat Monkey from Braindead?

rictus

Quote from: erichka on December 01, 2011, 11:05:16 PM
Is that the Rat Monkey from Braindead?

Looks to me like the rabbit in the hat from the Twilight Zone movie, but I think we're both wrong.

Alex-

Really happy with the new additions, Archers of Loaf! and Floor, never expected that.. Don't really care about Wolves and Yob, their last record was extremely dissapointing compared to their previous I think. Shame about Guided by Voices, rather had them on the bill instead of their replacement The Afghan Whigs, altough that will be a unique reunion show.