Juno

Started by Michael, December 20, 2007, 01:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naked Rob

I just came from seeing the movie and it was lame. Beside the Melvins reference, the dad and mom, everything else was boring. Maybe part II will be better.
Naked Rob
RADIO VALENCIA 87.9FM
www.radiovalencia.fm
Tuesdays 4-6PM (PST)
San Francisco, California

glen

from ipecac.com:

Jan. 4, 2008
Want some good advice? Go see the movie "Juno". Great flick, written by a Melvins fan, Diablo Cody!!!! Thanks for the shout out Diablo! 2 thumbs up for sure!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

anaconda

Diablo Cody aka Brook Busey aka Gary Busey's daughter  :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_Cody

GrimReaper

I had no idea she was Busey's daughter or a Melvins fan. I thought she was a stripper turned screenplay writer.

check out her Blog "the Pussy Ranch".

http://diablocody.blogspot.com/2007/12/buscemi-fetish.html

GrimReaper

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 06, 2008, 06:12:34 PM
Quote from: Greasy Statement on December 26, 2007, 05:04:38 PM
one of sean penn's few good roles...
I liked the prison movie he did..whats that title??

Bad Boys (the 1983 movie)

I can remember some horrible parts in that film. 1) Painting a substance on the prison fence that allow the fence to break open for escape. 2) Breaking the jewish kid's big nose. 3) the exploding boom box.

Sean kicking ass with the pillow case full of soda cans rocked.

mopafeena

I actually really liked Juno. Call me a hipster or whatever, i don't care, that's just silly. I don't believe in not liking a movie just because others do. If i like it, i like it and i liked this one.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Andy

I liked it too, bit of a stretch to call it a comedy though. Another good quote:

"...I bought another Sonic Youth cd, and it SUCKS! It's just noise!"

Wonder which one she's talking about? Could be any of em :D
For your health!

TGH

Quote from: Andy on February 03, 2008, 08:46:58 AM
I liked it too, bit of a stretch to call it a comedy though. Another good quote:

"...I bought another Sonic Youth cd, and it SUCKS! It's just noise!"

Wonder which one she's talking about? Could be any of em :D

It was all Micael Cera that made the movie funny. He's the most uncomfortable man ever.
This isn't a time for lectures!

Andy

He's pretty funny yeah. Seems to play the same character in everything. Arrested Development movie is in the works:
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=15a310d7-61f0-49b6-ba57-092e60c397cb&sid=fd-kristin

Should hopefully be good. The entire cast of Arrested Development are hilarious.
For your health!

TGH

Quote from: Andy on February 03, 2008, 11:30:58 AM
He's pretty funny yeah. Seems to play the same character in everything. Arrested Development movie is in the works:
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=15a310d7-61f0-49b6-ba57-092e60c397cb&sid=fd-kristin

Should hopefully be good. The entire cast of Arrested Development are hilarious.

You just made my night. I've been dying to hear about that.
This isn't a time for lectures!

I am the Sun

Quote from: mopafeena on January 23, 2008, 06:09:59 PM
I actually really liked Juno. Call me a hipster or whatever, i don't care, that's just silly. I don't believe in not liking a movie just because others do. If i like it, i like it and i liked this one.

Oh no, I didn't like the movie because I thought the main character was annoying, the ending seems incomplete (what happened to the adoptive father? He just kind of faded out), the plot has been done over and over again in a myriad of ways, and it was fairly predictable. I don't hate it because it's for hipsters, I'm just saying that if you own a copy of Meat is Murder and have been known to wear petit sized purple hoodies in public then there's a better chance that you'll  like the movie more than I did.

bUTTHOLEmAN

I want to see a Melvins movie ala 'A Hard Days Night.'  Although, it's probably something Big Bus. would actually do.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

anaconda

it would be cool to see the 4 of them in matching suits and beatle wigs

meanclown

Wasn't there Mott The Hoople music in this 'Juno' flick, too? Thought I heard 'Dudes' during the tv trailer....side bar: my latest obsession, though, has been impersonating Daniel Day-Lewis in the radio promo for "There Will Be Blood"....
" I....drink....your...MILKSHAKE!! I DRINK IT UP!!"

Don't know why exactly, but that sound bite just cracks me up.

Speaking of Melvins/Beatles...I'm stilling hoping for a Melvins "Illustrated Lyrics" hardcover...now that would be neat.

mopafeena

Quote from: meanclown on February 04, 2008, 04:06:12 PM
Wasn't there Mott The Hoople music in this 'Juno' flick, too? Thought I heard 'Dudes' during the tv trailer....
You are correct.

Quote from: meanclown on February 04, 2008, 04:06:12 PM

Speaking of Melvins/Beatles...I'm stilling hoping for a Melvins "Illustrated Lyrics" hardcover...now that would be neat.
I agree. That would be brilliant.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband