New Melvins album in 2010

Started by Zzubelad, December 11, 2009, 06:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zzubelad

A bit of news/short Buzz interview in the latest issue of Rock-A-Rolla mag about the next Melvins album:

Buzz says he has "300 songs" and one song on the album will be something he wrote in the 90s   :shock: :shock: :shock:  They will apparently "hit the studio in February and it'll be out before summer"   :D :D :D

glen

and the machine keeps plugging at standard pace.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Idlehanz

Quote from: glen on December 11, 2009, 06:20:15 AM
and the machine keeps plugging at standard pace.
and thank god for that.

(the) Razor

It's always interesting to try anticipate what a new Melvins album is like...quite? noisy? heavy?  gay? eclectic?

Something to look forward to next year.
Don't click this

glen

I still believe it will be different.

after NWB buzz said the next album would go in a different direction.

I think he meant it.

I expect something slightly more experimental.  maybe incorporating the drums on a different plane than just your standard belting out of beats.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Zzubelad

A closing drum-off is always a safe bet

glen

Quote from: Zzubelad on December 11, 2009, 06:45:24 AM

I'd pay good money to hear that.
in fact, I've been waiting for it. 

please!!  a dale/coady change off.  imagine the possibilities.

Jozzy

Quote from: glen on December 11, 2009, 06:56:38 AM
Quote from: Zzubelad on December 11, 2009, 06:45:24 AM

I'd pay good money to hear that.
in fact, I've been waiting for it. 

please!!  a dale/coady change off.  imagine the possibilities.

YES!

And as far as a new album goes..... \:D/

Melvins are one of the only bands that I get really excited about when it comes to new music. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of other bands, but there is not a single band that builds my anticipation like these guys.

>>>JZS<<<

I heard Kevin will be playing the triangle & spoons on this one.

Mad Arab

This is great news. And I agree, Melvins are one of a few bands that I do get eager about when they say they are releasing a new album out soon.

But wow, 300 songs??? Do you think Buzz was being facetious about this? How in the world would he and the rest of the guys choose say 10 songs out of a batch of 300???

Yeah, I'd say that they are pretty comfortable with this line-up now. I think Buzz may want to branch out with the possibilities now.

DC

Yay! Gonna drop some songs from NWB from the stlist!

Idlehanz

I bet he was very serious.  I've heard him say many times he writes a lot.  Dale has said it too I think.

anaconda

plus he's often said he catalogues every little riff, idea, snippet over the years on a four track

Rusty Shackleford

There was an interview in the last year or so with Buzz where he said something about how they are going to record in their practice space more and that the new record might be sort of like the last song on NWB.

Anyone else remember that? 

Mad Arab