Dale Crover "Thunder Pinky" cymbal/record on Joyful Noise

Started by (the) flutter nuts, September 22, 2017, 04:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

V.I.P pre order is up at Joyful Noise website

https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/products/thunder-pinky?utm_source=Joyful+Noise+Email+List&utm_campaign=6b74ffa2f6-DaleCroverCymbalRecord_2017_09_21&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2da6acce5c-6b74ffa2f6-64128785&mc_cid=6b74ffa2f6&mc_eid=decaeaae49

Dale Crover and Joyful Noise present to you a truly groundbreaking innovation in modern vinyl record / musical instrument hybridization. Never before has one item so accurately resembled the properties of both.

Its name, Thunder Pinky, perfectly sums up the dichotomy of this amazing piece of doubly functional art. As a playable record for your turntable, it (and the music contained within its grooves) is noisy, and sense-rattling like thunder. When percussed, its Bell-less Splash technology (patent pending) sings with an elegant *ping*- a touch of class that your Grindcore, Ska, or Western Swing band has been lacking.

Each of these artisanal cymbal records was hand-crafted in Tucson, AZ, by master record maker and sub-amateur cymbalsmith, Michael Dixon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=84&v=V5VEu6rRFIc
I got the shits real bad.

Captain CoryCory

Dale Crover demonstrates proper handling and storage of expensive records at approximately 1:15 into the video.

I never knew! Thanks Dale!

PepsiMike

Your headband looks good, Flutternuts!  :buzz:

Coming up next from joyful noise: a Dale drumhead that also doubles as a record!

jules

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

mrkilgore

It's a satanic drug thing, you wouldn't understand!

vince furnier

rate it as a record and/ or a cymbal (if you've used it as either)  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

jules

jules

Quote from: the crybaby on June 01, 2019, 02:05:17 PM
Quote from: jules on June 01, 2019, 01:49:24 PM
Quote from: the crybaby on June 01, 2019, 06:33:21 AM
Quote from: jules on May 31, 2019, 11:54:51 AM
Has anyone got one of these?
i have one
Has Ddkern used it yet?
not yet...  :lol:
:lol:

I'd recommend he uses it in Broken Heart Collector - he doesn't hit them very hard in that band and he could save the Thunder Pinky for the most romantic bits.

FartLips

wonder if dale has been investing in stylus manufacturing.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Dumpster D

Quote from: FartLips on June 02, 2019, 07:05:47 AM
wonder if dale has been investing in stylus Destroying.

FIXED

And PS... "Thunder pinky" = Pinky's cooter.  :-&

jules

JNR just put twenty prototypes up on their VIP page at $50 a pop. First seven come with a poster.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards