Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: jules on September 26, 2015, 05:25:27 AM
Quote from: surfling on September 26, 2015, 03:46:07 AM
Quote from: meezer on August 29, 2015, 08:16:53 AM
Haven't seen Buzz on that side of the stage since '10.
I asked Buzz in Cologne about this switching of sides and he said this way it works better for Big Biz when they're doing their set.
I just assumed every 15 years they switch to make the best use of their ears.

:lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

ripz

Quote from: jules on September 26, 2015, 05:25:27 AM
I just assumed every 15 years they switch to make the best use of their ears.
cool.  that should also help me even out my tinnitus. ;) 

I'M STOKED FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!!

LuckMach3

Quote from: (the) Razor on September 19, 2015, 07:45:02 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on September 19, 2015, 05:00:02 AM

And no..it's NOT the same video as the Belfort show even though it looks similar. 

I'll elaborate on tech issues when I have time.  I'm going to bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI8bJbt8HyQ

Yes. Are you seasofluck? The Belfort show one of my favourite videos on YouTube. Thanks for this new one, will watch it on the TV rather than the phone. Can't wait.

Yes I'm seasofluck.  I haven't taped any shows in awhile though.

The story behind this video is that some random guy on the Primus board uploaded it back in 2005.  I had never seen any live footage of The Melvins because youtube wasn't really a thing.  The casual music friends I had said they sucked live and basically just dicked around the entire set.  Knowing they put out albums like Prick and CoD I was ready to believe it.  After I saw this video I was absolutely floored!  It's still one of my favorite sets from any band.  I cut it into 4 parts and put it on youtube in super low quality because that's all youtube would allow at the time.  For about a year I think it was the only live show the Melvins even had on youtube.

Anyway the 2nd file must have been corrupted because any time I'd try to make the video one file the audio would get horribly out of sync.  I feel like I tried everything including burning it to a dvd.  Eventually one setting on Premiere Pro let me export it and it worked.  The problem is that it turned a 320mb file into an 8GB one!  I probably spent 8 hours that day trying to get it onto youtube so I hope you fuckers appreciate it!

Also, does anyone have any other info on what show it actually is?  It's not the Belfort show and they played a few festivals that tour.  The Portugal show might be the one.

June 27, 2003 Paris, France - Elysee Montmartre
    June 28, 2003 Hamburg, Germany - Fabrik
    June 29, 2003 Roskilde, Denmark - Roskilde Festival
    July 01, 2003 Helsinki, Finland - Tavastia
    July 03, 2003 Sandnes, Norway - Tribute
    July 04, 2003 Kristiansand, Norway - Qwart Festival
    July 06, 2003 Belfort, France - Les Eurockeennes Festival
    July 07, 2003 Zürich, Switzerland - La Route Fabrik
    July 08, 2003 Correggio, Italy - Festa dell'Unita
    July 09, 2003 Geneva, Switzerland - PTR L'Usine
    July 10, 2003 Feldkirch, Austria - Poolbar Festival
    July 11, 2003 Köln/Cologne, Germany - Kantine
    July 12, 2003 Brussels, Belgium - Dour Festival
    July 14, 2003 Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Melkweg w/ Kaada
    July 16, 2003 Manchester, England - Academy 2
    July 17, 2003 Nottingham, England - Rock City
    July 18, 2003 London, England - The Forum
    July 20, 2003 Vilar de Mouros, Portugal - Vilar de Mouros Festival

Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

immoraliste

meezer

Just a small piece of the fart pie.  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Dumpster D

Good one Pinkus!  :buzz:

(Excellent Interview BTW.)

black stallion

not sure if this has been posted yet...there's a second part in which they play Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybjZ1FkR5iI&feature=youtu.be

black stallion

Kevin[AKA,Mohtra665]

i taped the same show [AGORA]. shot from the right. got most of the show, but battery shit the bed. that was a good night.
BTW, it's [MOTHRA665]. i had PC issues and could not login :? so i just made another account :later:

meezer

Quote from: Kevin[AKA,Mohtra665] on October 11, 2015, 07:57:41 AM
i taped the same show [AGORA]. shot from the right. got most of the show, but battery shit the bed. that was a good night.
BTW, it's [MOTHRA665]. i had PC issues and could not login :? so i just made another account :later:
Did you pm Brian?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Kevin[AKA,Mohtra665]

it's all good. BTW i am moving and have a lot [too many to list dates] Melvins VHS tapes. no hidden gems but i will get a count and at least give a number. maybe someone is interested to get these on DVD. mothra665@aol.com