MELVINS/Void Manes

Started by glen, January 26, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Stonergrunge

And we still don't know if "Heathen Earth" and "Subhuman" are the same versions from ELS and the TG 7" or not... This is ridiculous, come on! Someone must already know the answer to this question by now.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

baruk

buddy holiday

They are also just looping in the locked runout grooves, so not full songs.

))))((((

Quote from: buddy holiday on July 08, 2023, 01:30:25 AM
Ah, that explains why they were left off the CD version.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 05, 2023, 04:26:37 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on July 05, 2023, 03:57:24 PM
Haven't heard this yet but prob my most anticipated Melvins release since ASA ... the lead up to this dropping has been epic and torturous. I'm envisioning greatness. Wish they woulda tackled "Persuasion" tho ... that tune is just so chilling and gross ... woulda been cool to see how they twisted that.
I would say to temper your expectations, however having said that i know you are probably one of the most adventurous and accepting music fans on here so i imagine you will probably love it.

Like I said high expectations. Hope they are rewarded. As for it being too left field or something? Not too worried 'bout that. More so is it gonna be weird enough, lol? Like you said I'm adventurous and accepting in music so don't think I'll be overly surprised. Big fan of noise music and really out there and harsh stuff too (check out Macronympha or The Rita for a taste). Aside from the pure electronics on this one the whole TG connection, vibe, tribute is intriguing and exciting. I was exposed to both TG and SPK at a very early age and have been a big fan for a long time.

On a whole other note ... shoulda put this in the Obits thread but I didn't ... pioneering Noise/Industrial malcontent/prankster Monte Cazazza past away on June 29th. Cazazza was a close associate of the TG camp and their earlier more performance art unit as members of COUM Transmissions. It was Cazazza that coined the phrase "Industrial Music" and was a key figure in the Mail Art movement. A pioneer thru and thru ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cazazza

RIP Monte Cazazza

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Stonergrunge

Sure, but that's just the ending, I wish they could've included them on the CD anyway... just like "White punks on dope" on the Hostile Ambient Besides cheapie CD.
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

buddy holiday

Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 08, 2023, 04:21:23 PM

Sure, but that's just the ending, I wish they could've included them on the CD anyway... just like "White punks on dope" on the Hostile Ambient Besides cheapie CD.
There is no full version, the vinyl has just the loops. You can relax, you are not missing out on anything.

black stallion

had my first listen, love it!

Stonergrunge

Quote from: buddy holiday on July 09, 2023, 01:56:07 AM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on July 08, 2023, 04:21:23 PM

There is no full version, the vinyl has just the loops. You can relax, you are not missing out on anything.

That's good, thank you for the info!
Fuzz is love.

the bloat

For some reason I'm wanting to compare this to LOVE and they're totally different albums (thankfully). This is definitely more listenable. It's growing on me like a virus

))))((((

Quote from: the bloat on July 10, 2023, 08:07:47 PM
For some reason I'm wanting to compare this to LOVE and they're totally different albums (thankfully). This is definitely more listenable. It's growing on me like a virus
I always thought Love was okay, but going back to it i realise it's actually quite bad and that this new album is a lot more listenable and superior.

CoryCory

I got this in the mail recently and only listened to it once or twice so far.

Already I like it more than Love.

black stallion

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on July 08, 2023, 02:43:43 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on July 05, 2023, 04:26:37 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on July 05, 2023, 03:57:24 PM
Haven't heard this yet but prob my most anticipated Melvins release since ASA ... the lead up to this dropping has been epic and torturous. I'm envisioning greatness. Wish they woulda tackled "Persuasion" tho ... that tune is just so chilling and gross ... woulda been cool to see how they twisted that.
I would say to temper your expectations, however having said that i know you are probably one of the most adventurous and accepting music fans on here so i imagine you will probably love it.

Like I said high expectations. Hope they are rewarded. As for it being too left field or something? Not too worried 'bout that. More so is it gonna be weird enough, lol? Like you said I'm adventurous and accepting in music so don't think I'll be overly surprised. Big fan of noise music and really out there and harsh stuff too (check out Macronympha or The Rita for a taste). Aside from the pure electronics on this one the whole TG connection, vibe, tribute is intriguing and exciting. I was exposed to both TG and SPK at a very early age and have been a big fan for a long time.

On a whole other note ... shoulda put this in the Obits thread but I didn't ... pioneering Noise/Industrial malcontent/prankster Monte Cazazza past away on June 29th. Cazazza was a close associate of the TG camp and their earlier more performance art unit as members of COUM Transmissions. It was Cazazza that coined the phrase "Industrial Music" and was a key figure in the Mail Art movement. A pioneer thru and thru ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cazazza

RIP Monte Cazazza

you won't be disappointed

Chief Ten Beers

Got the CD the other day. Meh. :-"
I expected it to be alot more heavy and weird. The band/label promo-hype machine sure made me think so. This is not unlike some of FZ's synclavier albums,  it's the MelvinsMuzak album. :lol: :anonymous: 
Glad I only got it in cheapy CD form, and not the pricey vinyl. Will probably listen to about as much as Love and Chicken Switch.
I actually enjoyed Love for what it is. I thought it was like Melvins modern version of FZ's Lumpy Gravy. Will listen to both Love and this new one again to see if I still think the same.