Melvins songs that reuse the same riff

Started by ))))((((, April 16, 2024, 04:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

I'm normally super anti-rehashing riffs and covering your own songs. Melvins generally get a pass.
On Tarantula Heart especially I don't think it was lazy. The album is a new work, moreso than Electroretard or Five Legged Dog.

The unconventional approach and some of the disjointedness is part of its charm. I like the whole narrative, both what Buzz has said in interviews and what we obsessives can speculate. We know that Dale suffered an injury, and yet they managed to make a new album with what was available.

It may take a few more listens before I stop being distracted by the "how" or "why" in some places and just feel the "where" of this record.

black stallion

i think Dale's injury happened after TH was recorded. btw i agree the unconventional approach is part of the charm. i like the new album, i think also that after so many great releases Buzz is free to do whatever he wants
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on May 08, 2024, 01:50:32 PMi think Dale's injury happened after TH was recorded.
Well he may have been a little hindered but yes they didn't discover his injury and his need for surgery until quite a while AFTER the album had been recorded.