Kids react to Melvins

Started by homeless_dad, February 25, 2015, 12:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeless_dad

I had Honky playing in the car today. Laughing with Lucifer at Satan's sideshow comes on and my 9 year old son comments 5 or 6 times "this song is weird". Once it was over he wanted to listen to it again!

I later change it to Lovely Butterfly. They sit quietly through most of the song when towards the end my 7 year old daughter comments "Dad, my ears hurt" :lol:

Is Ian back yet??

GrimReaper

I used to play poker with my kids when they where little and listen to the Melvins. Dad can you play "Bull you squire?"*

*Stoner Witch

jules

Quote from: GrimReaper on February 25, 2015, 01:31:07 AM
I used to play poker with my kids when they where little
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can so see you doing that! Win back their pocket money the fun way!

Manky

my 17 month old son LOVES the eggnog record.  he does this weird stomp/sway dance during Charmicharmicat

Peebot

My 4-1/2-year-old is mildly obsessed with the solo albums. Any time we're in the basement listening to records he asks to get the "records with the guys on them" out so he can stare at the covers, take the posters out and make them into the triptych, and listen to them, although he's not super into the music. He loves the Houdini cover too, especially the gatefold with the other 2-headed animals on the inside cover. His favorite is the seal.

LuckMach3

I made a copy of A Senile Animal for my nephew when he was about 10 or 11 and forgot about it.  About a year later I noticed he was actually listening to the album and doing his best to sing along with the lyrics.  Very cool!   8)
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

Sludgebaby

Quote from: Peebot on February 25, 2015, 05:50:33 PM
My 4-1/2-year-old is mildly obsessed with the solo albums. Any time we're in the basement listening to records he asks to get the "records with the guys on them" out so he can stare at the covers, take the posters out and make them into the triptych, and listen to them, although he's not super into the music. He loves the Houdini cover too, especially the gatefold with the other 2-headed animals on the inside cover. His favorite is the seal.

Good job, raising you kids to understand the visual and physical aspects of music c:
My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

Sludgebaby

My niece and nephews listen to the frozen soundtrack, maybe it's time to turn them onto something a little heavier...
My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

meezer

Kids rebel against a lot of stuff, from the parents, at least.
They might be more likely to take to it if the cool aunt or uncle introduce them to it.
Hell, maybe even from the grandparents!
My 4 year old has rocked out to some various stuff like Big Biz and Helms Alee, but I haven't noticed any specific reactions to the Melvins. Yet.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

ZAPPAJOE

We religiously play "The Water Glass" on our way to the kids soccer games to get the kids "fired up".  My youngest is 3, he actually calls the song "Fired up" and asks for it "Dad, can we play Fired up ???"

buddy holiday

i showed my nephew some tapes when he was 4 years old, because he knew tapes already from his home. he turns 7 next month but still remembers at least 2 of my tapes "indian rock" (lysol) and "dinosaur rock" (not melvins but a live tape from dzenghis khan).
not surprisingly he likes the rock n roll music from the dino tape better that lysol  :lol:

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Satchel Paige

My unborn children get excited when I play melvins

Sludgebaby

Quote from: Satchel Paige on February 27, 2015, 12:37:06 PM

me too, or at least I hope that's why my loins tingle whenever I listen to the melvins...

oldies radio

Quote from: Sludgebaby on February 27, 2015, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: Satchel Paige on February 27, 2015, 12:37:06 PM

me too, or at least I hope that's why my loins tingle whenever I listen to the melvins...

hoohaa!!!  :o
All analog. Reel to reel. Fab Four. Little Deuce Coupe. Under My Thumb. Who's better than the Funk Brothers? No one!