The Melvins in 2024!!!!

Started by johnnyg, December 28, 2023, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: black stallion on December 29, 2023, 03:20:32 AM

Great review man!

Thank you.

I think there's a review I wrote from that Toronto show or Hamilton show probably somewhere in the 'Live shows' Section from back then, that might be in better detail. So long ago I can't remember what I said.

the bloat

QuoteI am hoping for a vinyl reissue of Pigs of the Roman Empire on Alternative Tentacles (I missed that one somehow!) and Freak Puke.

Good call on a POTRE reissue - likely on AmRep with updated Haze artwork. 2024 is also the 20 year anniversary of the 1st Jello album...

johnnyg

"2024 is also the 20 year anniversary of the 1st Jello album..."

Woof... thanks... thanks for that reminder...

(the second Jelvins record is one of my favorite records by either band!)

John Schuller

OOOOH!

I want a VINYL release of Colossus of Destiny!!! With lock grooves so it never ends.

hemispheres

Quote from: Dumpster D on December 29, 2023, 03:30:28 AM
Quote from: hemispheres on December 29, 2023, 03:20:44 AM
Chattanooga, TN date.

No thanks, I'm flattered, but you're not my type.

Do you have connections with the band? Please call Buzz and tell him Chattanooga is a great township.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

Dumpster D

Quote from: hemispheres on December 29, 2023, 04:53:32 PM
Chattanooga is a great township.

I'm sorry but I can't lie like that to someone with such a High powered bullshit detector.  :buzz:

))))((((

So i've been wondering if more shows will be announced at some point. Usually the band do a lot of gigs per year but as it stands it's just 9 shows for March in Australia, New Zealand and Japan and then Buzz with 45 shows in August and September with KingDunn. 4 months off between those tours doesn't seem very Melvins. Although i do recall Trevor saying they would be doing a month in Europe too. So maybe that's in Summer or in October.

amazonAMAZON

I'm more inclined to believe there is little possibility of international touring with Dale this year, based on the discussion about visas in the Dale/Vinyl Guide Podcast thread. Buzz has historically planned tours well in advance, over a year usually.

Maybe there's a chance Bungle would do, like, Mexico in November and take the Melvins with them.

Or Melvins might do a run of west coast dates in early December. I'd love it if they'd do a screening of a film and play a set in some west coast theaters.

Other than that seems unlikely. They're not a typical ask for festivals or anything. Buzz wouldn't take lowballs to play festival one-offs if they could make more money doing their own tour with less hassle (with a few exceptions perhaps for niche stoner/sludge fests where the Melvins carry a premium.)

Nizamark

i think i saw that patton said all bungle shows for 2024 have already been announced, and that would likely be it for this reunion

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 07, 2024, 06:42:04 PM
So i've been wondering if more shows will be announced at some point. Usually the band do a lot of gigs per year but as it stands it's just 9 shows for March in Australia, New Zealand and Japan and then Buzz with 45 shows in August and September with KingDunn. 4 months off between those tours doesn't seem very Melvins. Although i do recall Trevor saying they would be doing a month in Europe too. So maybe that's in Summer or in October.

i think Dale will be busy with Redd Kross this summer. some Dale Crover bands dates too maybe?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

Oh yeah, there's been a lot of hits from Trey that SC3 are getting active again this year. They recorded with Kronos quartet.

But of course plenty of times SC3 news has resulted in zero output