The End (2003)

Started by mumu, April 28, 2005, 03:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Quote from: bathroom creep on January 25, 2008, 09:24:43 AM
With gravitar cd and sticker with faces.  Nice.  I'm happy.

Sticker:

My sticker looks nothing like that. I'll scan it this weekend & put it up. Mine is a drawing of a Hindu god. I'd love to see what other stickers people got. I think I'm going to stick my sticker on the numbered pink sheet of paper, then store it safely back inside the LP sleeve.
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

DeepCreatures

hey all - i got quite a few emails conerning my previous post.  instead of getting back to everyone, let me clarify:

i don't have a copy of this, but have the means to transfer.  i have been transferring Floyd cas>cdr for years for various collectors, so i have a lot of practice.  if anyone wants to send me their copy for a transfer to cdr then i will gladly do so and then send the original cas/lp back.  if there is anyone near the Chattanooga, TN area that has either the cas or lp then we could meet up or you could come over and hang while it is being done.

peace,
ts

Eponymous

I copied mine to the computer last night. I'll upload some mp3s in the next few days.

DeepCreatures

anyone on here mind PMing me about getting a copy in full blown wav and/or FLAC format?  thanks!

i wouldn't mind buying a copy were they not running $200 on ebay.

peace,
ts

(PAUL)

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang on January 25, 2008, 03:22:07 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on January 25, 2008, 09:24:43 AM
With gravitar cd and sticker with faces.  Nice.  I'm happy.

Sticker:

My sticker looks nothing like that. I'll scan it this weekend & put it up. Mine is a drawing of a Hindu god. I'd love to see what other stickers people got. I think I'm going to stick my sticker on the numbered pink sheet of paper, then store it safely back inside the LP sleeve.

I have the same sticker you have. I also got a 7" that was pretty good and a cd I haven't listened to yet.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Buick GN

As for the printed skull..does yours appear to once be white..then covered up w/ red?

(PAUL)

Pink skull (or reddish) that used to be white, you can tell around the border.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Buick GN

Quote from: PAUL on January 25, 2008, 11:41:51 PM
Pink skull (or reddish) that used to be white, you can tell around the border.

10-4..thanks PAUL.  :)

Buick GN

Quote from: glen on January 25, 2008, 11:15:13 AM
Interesting facts about this release:

1.) there are actually only about 460 copies in existance.  due to printer issues roughly 40 copies were sacrificed.
       those are in the early 300's.

2.) about the first 20 copies have original labels on the vinyl itself with a white skull as opposed to red. until, again,
       printer issues caused enterupption to change over to a red skull label.

3.) about 45 of the actual records have white or black swirls pressed in the pink (red) vinyl and only a handful are a true
       pink.  the rest are a primary red.

4.) "the fool" which was part of the original setlist was left off this recording because of an error by  the legendary kurt
        schlagel.    in other words..  he forgot to press record until damn near the end of the first song. that being "the fool".

5.) this released vinyl version has been remastered from the original recording so the sound quality should be better
      than the original cassette release.

6.) this album was originally intended to be manufactered and sold on the POD tour of 07. but the printer "dropped the
       ball" and it didn't get completed in time.    (note: imagine how many of us would be bitching about not getting this had
       that been how it turned out)

Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing this glenformation.   :D

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Here is a scan of my sticker

Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

Chief Ten Beers

Unbelievable :x  Today is Saturday 1-26. I'm in western NY and it hasn't arrived yet, but someone in Australia already got theirs :shock:. I'm very bummed and getting pissed off about this.

bathroom creep

I was surprised as well that I got my lp that fast.  I thought the people in the US would get theirs first.

Quote from: Brooklyns Finest PoonTang on January 26, 2008, 09:20:44 AM

http://geneticdisposition.com/gfx/msgboards/melvinssticker.jpg
I like that hindu sticker even better. 

And I didn't get any 7".  Seems like everyone got one.. ?
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Idlehanz

Quote from: bathroom creep on January 26, 2008, 01:10:04 PM
I was surprised as well that I got my lp that fast.  I thought the people in the US would get theirs first.

I didn't.  I got another 12" record I haven't listened to yet and a cd.

Herr Honky

Quote from: glen on January 25, 2008, 11:15:13 AM
4.) "the fool" which was part of the original setlist was left off this recording because of an error by  the legendary kurt
        schlagel.    in other words..  he forgot to press record until damn near the end of the first song. that being "the fool".

Curse you Kurt Schlagel!  :lol:
I was wondering why the record seemed to start already into the set...

You guys who got a free 7" or 12" are making me jealous. They did give me the Graviton CD though, and it's surprisingly good. Usually if a label gives something away for free its an indicator that it's not all that great, but i'm liking this one. It's got a good dirty sound.

JJ

I just got a Gravitar CD - no 7" or sticker...but really any bonus is pretty damn cool!
Quote from: bathroom creep on January 26, 2008, 01:10:04 PM