Across The USA in 51 Days : The Movie!

Started by Idlehanz, September 16, 2015, 02:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuckMach3

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on September 19, 2015, 09:20:30 AMIt's freaking 10 bucks.

This type of thinking got me $1,000 in the hole last year.  I'm out of debt now but that wasn't fun.  I'm going to at least wait for some reviews.  10 dollars can actually buy quite a bit including:

-Food for a week
-A coffee machine that I need to replace (Technically $14)
-Half a tank of gas
-A box of condoms
-Movies I'll watch more than one time

It adds up.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

(the) Razor

Melvins should have an annual subscription package, would sign up for that. :)
Don't click this

Godflesh

Ha, 6.5 liters of gas or one workplace lunch or a Melvins DVD?
No competition even when thinking so irrationally  :)
--- Heavy user ---

Stonergrunge

I'm gonna have to wait since the store still doesn't accept PayPal.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

immoraliste

There are so many live performances and complete shows on youtube, why would the Melvins produce and sell one?

As I've already stated, this is a rock and roll movie along the lines of Baby Snakes, The Kids are Alright, etc. It'll be great.

John Schuller

Quote from: immoraliste on September 21, 2015, 09:13:29 AM
There are so many live performances and complete shows on youtube, why would the Melvins produce and sell one?

Because they can and people will buy it.

GrimReaper

Ordered and the new Lanegan "Houston".

Off topic:

North Dakota, Indiana and Kentucky are the only States I haven't visited. I might have been in Kentucky at the Cincinnati Airport, can't remember.

(PAUL)

According to merchaye there's a new release date: November 27, 2015 (NEW RELEASE DATE)
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

dwr budr

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 22, 2015, 03:08:12 AM

Off topic:

North Dakota, Indiana and Kentucky are the only States I haven't visited. I might have been in Kentucky at the Cincinnati Airport, can't remember.

That Lanegan album is really good.

meezer

Separate orders, right Grim?

I put other goodies in my cart, but there was something about the shipping that made me remove those items.  #-o
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: meezer on November 11, 2015, 10:18:18 AM
Separate orders, right Grim?

I put other goodies in my cart, but there was something about the shipping that made me remove those items.  #-o
I'm not sure why their shipping costs are so high.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Peebot

Quote from: dwr budr on November 11, 2015, 10:11:25 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on September 22, 2015, 03:08:12 AM

Off topic:

That Lanegan album is really good.

really really good. I love a lot of his newer stuff but I pine for that period and sound. So glad they released that stuff.

Buzzinthebox

Not sure why people would have any negative reaction to this DVD. It costs the same as almost any movie. I'm broke as shit, I'm buying it lol. Its supposed to be an interesting and entertaining movie with 1 minute in each city which I find funny. I don't expect anything from the Melvin's so I wouldn't have the balls to complain with what they do they don't us owe us a thing. I'm sure most of us are looking forward to this anyhow, can't fucking wait! Whens the actual official documentary coming out?
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

LuckMach3

Quote from: Buzzinthebox on November 12, 2015, 10:00:54 PM
Not sure why people would have any negative reaction to this DVD.

I'm highly skeptical when pretty much every other home video of a band dicking around back stage, dicking around on a tour bus, and being silly is the main focus of the video instead of the music.  I don't think I've ever seen one that's been good.  I'm a huge fan of Primus but I thought their Blame it on the Fish DVD sucked and I don't want to get burned again.

Based solely on the trailer I think if they combined the 1min footage with live footage it could have ended up being as awesome as the Butthole Surfers' Blind Eye Sees All DVD.

But again, I haven't seen it.  It could be the best DVD ever for all I know.  As it is I'm going to wait for people to review it before I buy it.  My gut feeling tells me it will be funny to watch once and then I won't watch it again for several years.

Quote from: Buzzinthebox on November 12, 2015, 10:00:54 PM
It costs the same as almost any movie.

This isn't true.  I bought the Austin Powers trilogy on Blu Ray for $10.  I also just bought 8 Jackie Chan films on DVD for $4. 
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

maffymaff

I was going to order this, but shipping to the UK is twice the price of the DVD.
So hopefully it'll make it in to some music stores over here.