Alive At The Fucker Club

Started by GrimReaper, November 28, 2003, 04:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eponymous

Quote from: dr.ghiraThe whole speech ("Let that boy...") is, suprise!, completely stolen.
Just listen to old ZZ Top recordings (I think it is on Fandango) and you hear this stuff too!

John Lee Hooker, actually (see Dave's post above). It's more of a "musical reference" than a theft. It was adapted as made to fit the occassion. "I'm way down here in Melbourne, Australia..." ... "Where the hell is that?"

spud boy

Quote from: Eponymous

Anonymous

Quote from: spud boyUmm... just to be picky thats Chrysler Valiant.
Yeah, you're right. Cars were never my strong point. It's not even a right-hand drive so I have no idea why I thought it was Australian.

Leroy

Is the Fucker Club cd worth tracking down and buying off ebay?  I'm not sure if it's worth the $15+, which is probably how much i would have to pay for it.

anaconda

It's kind of short, only 7 songs but it's still a good listen.
I enjoy it since it's a good document of the Melvins live.
They were really playing tight with Mark D on this tour
and it shows. Highlights are the Bloat, Lizzy, Mombius Hibachi
and a couple older ones like Boris and Antitoxidote.

eddie

They play Mombius so fast that it sounds like the Cd skips. (I hope my copy doesn't skip)

Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings is on the Fandango album. (ZZ Top)

Bryan

Should I allow myself to get hard thinking about Alive at the Fucker Club, and go seek out a copy this instant?  Or is just OK and not something I should be in a hurry to get?

Beto Brasil

good show,
contact Beto for trade. :wink:
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Ron Maiden

not great.

the tracks are cut worse than The Maggot. so dont bother trying to skip to the next track.

i listenened to it maybe twice.

Reverend Ebeneezer

It sounds like shit but it's a good set. They play through a fair number of songs in record time, but I'd seek out Your Choice Live for a better live Melvins disc...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

FartLips

Quote from: Reverend EbeneezerIt sounds like shit but it's a good set. They play through a fair number of songs in record time, but I'd seek out Your Choice Live for a better live Melvins disc...
agreed!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

wearethebyzantines

I saw the Melvins on that tour in '97, in Brisbane, Australia. They played a similar set if I remember, but bollocks if I pay money for that CD after hearing it a few times.

bruce

the recording of boris has some killer low end to it. the image of a whale having an orgasm pops into my head everytime i hear it,  this is followed by a large smile.

Eponymous

I was there either that night or the night before (setlists were the same). The following night it was very different, though. Very experimental.