Started by Goldi, July 17, 2003, 10:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopafeena

www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

norecess

Vcavallo

haha!
i knew you'd say something, maar.  you are always very good at making sure people keep their musical horizons open and don't obsess (too much) on MELVINS
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

TGH

Quote from: norecess on November 10, 2006, 05:05:10 AM
Quote from: Vcavallo on November 10, 2006, 01:28:57 AM
Quote from: the bloat on November 09, 2006, 09:52:10 PMwhen I want to take a breather from (a) senile animal.

this is possible?

It sure is.

I've been taking a break from (A)SA by listening to Collosus of Destiny. I've finally realized what a truly awesome album it really is.
This isn't a time for lectures!

norecess

Quote from: TGH on November 10, 2006, 04:10:54 PM
Quote from: norecess on November 10, 2006, 05:05:10 AM
Quote from: Vcavallo on November 10, 2006, 01:28:57 AM
Quote from: the bloat on November 09, 2006, 09:52:10 PMwhen I want to take a breather from (a) senile animal.

this is possible?

It sure is.

I've been taking a break from (A)SA by listening to Collosus of Destiny. I've finally realized what a truly awesome album it really is.

Ha, good for you!

And Vinney, yeah, I meant to say there is much more to listen to than just (A)SA, I also still haven't been listening to it religiously. I was just slightly dissapointed after the first listen, than it grew on me a little, because I got more familiar with the tracks. Then I read the first reviews and they were more positive than I would have had expected. Especially lately, since doom metal is being hyped and all that, and it's becoming quite popular, the Melvins have been mentioned a lot in all kinds of interviews and articles in that particular context, so I thought the majority of the people out there would be expecting something heavier and slower. And also, I still didn't like the album as much as I hoped I would.

But as always, the Melvins did their own thing and followed their own way. I don't think I've ever liked a Melvins album straight from the beginning, but there was always something that made me listen to it more.

But don't worry, I love everything they ever did, and my obsession with them will always stay, and even grow. But (A)SA still isn't my first choice when I put on some music - it sure will eventually, and then it will be played more and more - but right now it's other, but also good stuff.

the bloat

QuoteI've been taking a break from (A)SA by listening to Collosus of Destiny. I've finally realized what a truly awesome album it really is.

I'm still waiting to catch that feeling. I throw it in about once every 3 months or so for some background noize.

TGH

Quote from: the bloat on November 10, 2006, 04:24:56 PM
QuoteI've been taking a break from (A)SA by listening to Collosus of Destiny. I've finally realized what a truly awesome album it really is.

I'm still waiting to catch that feeling. I throw it in about once every 3 months or so for some background noize.

It's a word feeling, that's for sure. But I threw it in last night, and I thought it was just amazing. The sounds swooshing and running around. There's a definite mood to it, but I have no idea what that could possibly be. Of course, my friends now hate me for listening to it, but fuck 'em.

I saw don't put it on as background noise, give it your full, undivided attention, and you'll grow to appreciate it.
This isn't a time for lectures!

brian

This page says that cherub appears on the album, if so which track # is it?

http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cherub

I think the page is supposed to read that they performed the song at the show in which the recording is derived yet it is not included on the album. Let me know, I haven't listened to this one in years.

Metalhead Cow

))))((((

Been listening to this one a few times lately. I don't know why but i had sort of completely forgot it even existed!! I hadn't checked it out for some time because i seemed to remember the recording not being very good. Anyway i was wrong and i really enjoyed it. Obviously the tracklist favours Fantomas more over Melvins, but do you guys see this is a proper Melvins record? Or maybe leaning more over to the Fantomas side? It would be great if they did something else like this in the future.

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: brian on July 15, 2009, 08:35:48 AM
This page says that cherub appears on the album, if so which track # is it?

http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cherub

I think the page is supposed to read that they performed the song at the show in which the recording is derived yet it is not included on the album. Let me know, I haven't listened to this one in years.

Never noticed this on the wiki. Still needs to be updated.

I wish they'd release that version of "Cherub" and "Chariot Choogle"

Also, WTH is "White Men are the Vermin of the Earth" I thought these bizarre title tunes were all from the Fantomas debut, but no one lists it as a "page" song.

amazonAMAZON

If you want an official version of Cherub I think you have to go to the mp3s on MLVNSvsMPLS.

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 01, 2023, 10:19:53 PM
Quote from: brian on July 15, 2009, 08:35:48 AM
Also, WTH is "White Men are the Vermin of the Earth" I thought these bizarre title tunes were all from the Fantomas debut, but no one lists it as a "page" song.

Oh it's the David Scott Stone piece. Thanks, riffipedia. https://riffipedia.fandom.com/wiki/Millennium_Monsterwork_2000