Buzzo's political views

Started by ))))((((, September 21, 2019, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

I've just been reading this Melvins thread over on the Electrical Audio forum. Im not the greatest Buzzo lover as regards his opinions sometimes, but he's getting an absolute ton of undue hate here! (Scroll down the page about half way for the strangeness.)

https://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1076&start=1160

AxelFoley

Clicking through the pages, at around page 55 multiple posters share their stories of encountering Buzz, Dale and Mark in the mid 90's.

They pretty much all state that Buzz and Dale were always friendly and accomodating people while Mark was pretty much a prick to them (one poster even refers to him as "dickboy" :lol:)... is that true? Can anybody here in the forum confirm these stories? I always assumed that Mark's cockiness on stage and interviews was just mostly part of his "public" persona.

Chief Ten Beers

There are a handful of ultra-liberal douchebags on that forum. I love that they're pissed at Buzz now. I agree with what Buzz said about Bernie Sanders 100%.

ilduclo

related question, what is the education level of the Melvins? 

amazonAMAZON

Pretty sure high school/high school/high school/high school for recent members. Not certain though.

ilduclo

Higher educational attainment is increasingly associated with Democratic Party affiliation and leaning. At the same time, those without college experience – once a group that tilted more Democratic than Republican – are roughly divided in their partisan orientation.

Women are significantly more likely than men to associate with the Democratic Party.

African American voters remain overwhelmingly Democratic: 84% identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party. Just 8% of black voters identify in some way with the Republican Party. There is a similar balance of partisanship among Asian American registered voters.

Millennial voters (born 1981 to 1996) have had a Democratic tilt since they first entered adulthood; this advantage has only grown as they have aged.

White evangelical Protestants remain one of the most reliably Republican groups of voters, and the GOP's advantage among this segment of the population has continued to grow in recent years: 77% of white evangelical voters lean toward or identify with the Republican Party, while just 18% have a Democratic orientation.

Bigval

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on September 21, 2019, 03:17:18 PM
There are a handful of ultra-liberal douchebags on that forum. I love that they're pissed at Buzz now. I agree with what Buzz said about Bernie Sanders 100%.

I'm a lefty and consider Buzz's political opinions to be myopic rubbish but just reading that one page linked to a few of those guys do sound like complete and utter douchebags.

Dumpster D

Quote from: AxelFoley on September 21, 2019, 02:05:00 PM
"dickboy"

Gold.  :lol:

Too real, our Drummer has our Guitarist Name as "Fag boy" when he gets a text from him.  :P

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on September 21, 2019, 03:17:18 PM
There are a handful of ultra-liberal douchebags on that forum.

Knights in dull armour ... coming to your emosocial rescue.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

kingdiamond

I disagree with Buzzo's political views. However, he is allowed to have his opinions and its not like they are a political band.

amazonAMAZON

I think there parts of his classical-liberal mindset that come through in the lyrics especially stuff around the Big Biz era. But yeah, not an overtly political band.

Pelican

I don't agree with a lot of the things he says, especially some of the political stuff. I also think golf is stupid. Doesn't really change my views on him or the band. If he's not, he should be an artistic roll model for any creative person, regardless of his views on anything. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. He did two very political albums with Jello Biafra, I think he must be pretty open about other people's opinions as well. It's funny how bent some of the people over there got over it. Buzz doesn't want to pay for other peoples' college, who gives a shit?

ilduclo

golf courses are some of the biggest users of pesticides, herbicides and fungicides around. Common golf course pesticides include:  2,4-D, bensulide, chlorothalonil, dicamba, maneb, mecoprop, thiram, trichlorfon, ziram.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: ilduclo on September 23, 2019, 03:35:43 PM
golf courses are some of the biggest users of pesticides, herbicides and fungicides around. Common golf course pesticides include:  2,4-D, bensulide, chlorothalonil, dicamba, maneb, mecoprop, thiram, trichlorfon, ziram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4w7H48tBS8

Carlin nails it. He was the best. :lol:

jules