MYSTERY 100 LOT MELVINS A SENILE ANIMAL 4XLP

Started by SCORBER23, December 24, 2008, 03:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chomas

you know what they say when you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME  8)

>>>JZS<<<

>>>JZS<<<

so what color/set is that on All Thats Heavy?

Chomas

cara

Quote from: jzacs71 on January 05, 2009, 05:02:50 PM
so what color/set is that on All Thats Heavy?

i was just looking at that and thinking the same thing. Probably blue/yellow.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

SCORBER23

alright so there was nothing very particular about the black vinyl version except for the fact that the etchings really pop on black vinyl..  they look great. Chel at Hydrahead wrote me back stating that it was a group decision between the Melvins and Hydrahead to do the most limited on black... all in reverse of most limited releases.  Chel also noted that super audiophiles swear by black vinyl as being the best sounding though he said he did not necessarily believe that. Anyhow here a couple of pics..

[attachment deleted by admin]
MELVINS KILL

honkster

Not looking to be redundant here, but does the black come with the comic or belt buckle being that it is the most hyper special ultra limited rare pressing?

Pretty clear (no pun intended!) that all the extras come only on set #1 (clear). Being that black is the "most rare" and limited, it seems like they may have done the extras there too. Looking at the pics it doesn't appear to include the box all the shit came in. Please confirm.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Black only came by itself.  Priced at $49 plus shipping.  The box set cost..89? 99?  Belt buckle, $20, and comic, $6, although someone is selling their copy on ebay for $1.99 right now.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

cottoncrown

hydrahead is fucking stupid.  they should have all been on black vinyl and they should have made 10 000.
they doled them out like a childs allowance.
we are babies

Chomas

SCORBER23

if anyone is interested Hydrahead has the 600 press HH exclusive dark blue clear set available right now  http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/product_info.php?products_id=2817&cPath=4_137&store=0
they keep slipping out more and more batches of the various color sets..  they sell out for a month then more batches appear   I think the dark blue clear is the coolest looking color.. that is my personal favorite
MELVINS KILL

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 06:33:06 PM
hydrahead is fucking stupid.  they should have all been on black vinyl and they should have made 10 000.
we are babies
On the flipside, a lot of collectors cry that they're never able to get limited releases.  HH released 5000 (an incredible amount) copies of an album that had been released two years prior, and they stacked the release so that practically everyone was able to order a copy.  It would have been easier on them to just release everything at once.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 06:33:06 PM
we are babies

Wow.....Speak for yourself.
I think Hydra head is a great label & is doing a great job of putting out awesome bands & awesome vinyl.
Seems to me they doled them out so every one could get one or two sets at the regular retail price instead
of being at the mercy of ebay.

SCORBER23

yeah at least you can still get them from HH and for only 50$ instead of people on ebay trying to get like 200 buy now price with all the wrong limited number info
everyone assumed they were all sold out after HH's first big batch went sold out.. all you had to do was check back there randomly and you would see that they have had all 3 color ways on their site quite a bit (not clear/black)
so most people have had a chance to get a least one color variant
MELVINS KILL