Started by rimb, July 21, 2021, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead mike

Quote from: ))))(((( on October 28, 2021, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: dead mike on October 28, 2021, 09:41:27 AM
Only the back half of "Suicide in Progress."

The FUCK, man.
???
It's possible Apple decided to chop off the first half. I just checked again and the download is complete. Are you hearing the whole song?
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

black stallion

Quote from: dead mike on October 28, 2021, 09:48:27 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on October 28, 2021, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: dead mike on October 28, 2021, 09:41:27 AM
Only the back half of "Suicide in Progress."

The FUCK, man.
???
It's possible Apple decided to chop off the first half. I just checked again and the download is complete. Are you hearing the whole song?

nope, just that part
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

I know what you mean. There's that cool instrumental bit on Nude With Boots that precedes "Suicide". I always thought of it like the bluegrass equivalent of the intro to "Honey Bucket". But the Melvins don't seem to see it that way. Often "Suicide" is played live without this intro part, and occasionally I think the intro was played live on its own, long before. My recollection is hazy xxl.

It is one of my few petty complaints about Five Legged Dog. I consider that intro integral to the song. Like the HB intro, it is short, furious, and meticulously arranged and rehearsed. It makes the relatively straightforward song that follows enjoy a sort of pocket.

))))((((

Haha! Hilariously i never even noticed that at all!!! Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't have a clue what you guys were discussing there at first. Strangely i noticed Buzz DOES play that part acoustically solo here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYeYqn4SfTs

black stallion

jules

amazonAMAZON

I like that on at least one of the Big Melvins era tracks ("Civilized Worm"?) Dale seems to have recorded the drums twice.

moose

Yeah I think Dale doubles the drums on all the Big Biz era tracks as well as Lovely Butterfly's.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

black stallion

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on December 20, 2021, 04:49:34 PM
thanks to Melvins I checked Brainiac, wow!!
You had never listened to them before!!?!?!? Im quite surprised by that. 'Hissing Prigs In Static Couture' is a 90's classic. Quite an innovative band for their time. They broke up after their singer was killed in a car crash i think.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on December 21, 2021, 12:54:23 PM
You had never listened to them before!!?!?!? Im quite surprised by that. 'Hissing Prigs In Static Couture' is a 90's classic. Quite an innovative band for their time. They broke up after their singer was killed in a car crash i think.

I heard them by name only but I wasn't familiar with their stuff, I love them, very innovative as you said

jonE5

Quote from: black stallion on December 21, 2021, 04:54:24 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on December 21, 2021, 12:54:23 PM

I heard them by name only but I wasn't familiar with their stuff, I love them, very innovative as you said

Really unique band for sure

There is a great documentary on them
Definitely worth checking out (and Buzz is in it)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7974564/

kist93

I was certainly not expecting a track off of Lysol.

Hearing a stripped down Hung Bunny is so bizarre I don't even know what to make of it yet. So I keep listening.

jules

From Ipecec FB:

FIVE LEGGED DOG - Our manufacturer had to split up the order we did across a few months. Ipecac Webstore/Bandcamp orders will ship around the original Jan 28th release date. US record stores should have it March 11th and International record stores on April 8th. Good news is they came out looking and sounding great, as you can see in the video.

(A) SENILE ANIMAL - The manufacturing gods have not smiled upon us on this. We thought we'd have the corrected versions in December, but now it's looking like it won't be til the Summer.

OTHER RELEASES - Also this Summer, we should be getting some more stock of the standard color for the other reissues: Nude With Boots, Hostile Ambient Takeover, The Bride Screamed Murder and Gluey Porch Treatments. Lastly, we're working on a couple new vinyl reissues for later in 2022, so stay tuned for info on those.

Thanks again for all your patience and support!

black stallion

Quote from: jules on January 15, 2022, 08:37:29 AM
From Ipecec FB:

FIVE LEGGED DOG - Our manufacturer had to split up the order we did across a few months. Ipecac Webstore/Bandcamp orders will ship around the original Jan 28th release date. US record stores should have it March 11th and International record stores on April 8th. Good news is they came out looking and sounding great, as you can see in the video.

does it include the song Civilized Worm?  :P