The Maggot

Started by Joe Deutrom, September 17, 2005, 05:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lust

I haven't listened to The Maggot all the way through in a while. I listen to AMAZON, Manky and See How Pretty, See How Smart a lot though. I remember it being really inconsistent. I prefer The Bootlicker.
I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu

))))((((

Quote from: lust on November 16, 2017, 03:02:35 PM
I haven't listened to The Maggot all the way through in a while. I listen to AMAZON, Manky and See How Pretty, See How Smart a lot though. I remember it being really inconsistent. I prefer The Bootlicker.
Each to their own of course, but inconsistent is something i would NEVER level at The Maggot. I'd level that to almost every single Melvins album post Nude With Boots but certainly not this record.

Mints

Quote from: ))))(((( on November 16, 2017, 05:38:38 PM
Each to their own of course, but inconsistent is something i would NEVER level at The Maggot.

God help me, I'm agreeing with Ian. Was that a pig that just flew by?

lust

Quote from: ))))(((( on November 16, 2017, 05:38:38 PM
Each to their own of course, but inconsistent is something i would NEVER level at The Maggot. I'd level that to almost every single Melvins album post Nude With Boots but certainly not this record.

I'll have to listen to it again.
I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu

))))((((

Quote from: Mints on November 16, 2017, 07:09:24 PM
God help me, I'm agreeing with Ian. Was that a pig that just flew by?
Be careful, it's a slippery slope.

amazonAMAZON

This album destroys. Eight songs of pure Melvins, heavy, punishing, satisfying through every second. The few interludes of synth or tape effects never detract. The drums sound different, but I love the mix. Lots of sizzle that gives definition to the drums  while leaving room for the chugging riffs. Kevin playing mostly what the song demands. Almost all the vocals have some sort of effect.

There's also a good deal of experimentalism in it, whether it's the weird pitch wheel synth in AMAZON or the scimitar sounds in the Judy. I love this record so much. That apex in See How Pretty... A scream like that - do we hear that anywhere outside of maybe Egg Nog?

If you find fault with this record either your stereo or your ears might be broken.

))))((((

Garnz

immoraliste

This is the best melvins album. that will be all.

))))((((

Quote from: immoraliste on October 12, 2021, 01:39:02 PM
This is the best melvins album. that will be all.
An easy top 5 put it that way.

Mints

I've always really liked the bass line in Judy, so my ears perked up when I heard Wood Goblins by Tad. Check it out and tell me Tad doesn't owe me a finder's fee when they sue.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TKcwVu5N9w0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pXjgNIlzyT0