Rest of 2004 Tour Dates Cancelled

Started by Mesteren, October 04, 2004, 03:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

I would think the Showbox had to know and just wanted to sell as much booze as possible before disclosing Lanegan wasen't going on stage.

There was no merchandise on the tables for the Mark Lanegan Band. Every Seattle show a local artist makes a Showbox poster. I always bring $20 bucks to buy one, but no posters. Not only that Bublegum just came out and the tour is to promote the release. This struck me as odd. I was in the Green Room partying and came out to record the show. I asked the merch girl who was next and she said "Mark's next". So I guess the other bands had no clue.

I have found no info anywhere on this "illness".

Phil Redmon

Quote from: tony
Quote from: Lorax Bricklebrit

Tony?

i've never claimed to be a star.

i'm a fucking galaxy, bitches.

This is true. Tony and I wear the same size pants.

brian

Dear Brian Eberlein,

We are very happy that The Melvins will be performing in 'de Vleeshal' in Middelburg (The Netherlands) with the films of Cameron Jamie on the 12th of november 2004.
Would it be possible for you to announce this on your web site?
Attached to this email you can find the press release.
If you need any additional information, please do let me know.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Angela Verschelling

De Vleeshal, Middelburg
t: +31.118.652.200

PRESS RELEASE

CAMERON JAMIE & THE MELVINS

Special performance at De Vleeshal, Middelburg

Friday 12 November, 21.00

The Melvins - one of the most influential cult bands of the last fifteen years - will make three special appearances in Europe.  After Paris and Vienna, this performance will be put on once-only  in the Netherlands: on 12 November at De Vleeshal in Middelburg. Here, The Melvins will give a live performance of their specially composed soundtrack for three films by American artist Cameron Jamie. The Melvins' ominous soundtrack fuses intensely with Cameron Jamie's dark and disturbing films.

The Melvins' music is in a class of its own. It has been hugely influential on some of the seminal bands of the past fifteen years. Cameron Jamie (1969 Los Angeles, lives and works in Paris) works in a variety of mediums, ranging from performance to photography and film. The three films for which The Melvins composed the soundtrack to be performed on 12 November, have been inspired by Jamie's fascination for rituals: both age-old rites and new ones evolving on the outer edges of society.

For Kranky Klaus Jamie travelled to the remote mountain villages of central Austria, where he recorded the 'Krampus ritual'. On the night of 6 December villagers await not only a benevolent Saint Nicholas but also, anxiously, the Krampus: masked, mythical beasts who force their way into people's homes, handing out violent punishment to those believed to have misbehaved in the preceding year.

In Spook House Jamie portrays the inhabitants of the white working class suburbs of Detroit in the weeks running up to Halloween. In late October, homes are transformed into ghost houses, gardens into cemeteries (gravestones and all) and kitchens into mausoleums where torn off 'body parts' are prepared for cannibalistic feasts.

Jamie's acclaimed film BB highlights LA's teenage wrestlers, who 'act out' the popular television wrestling matches. However, unlike the television fights, these encounters are no hoax. Kids jump from garage roofs and fly at each other with ladders and garden furniture. Combined with The Melvins powerful, claustrophobic soundtrack, the black-and-white footage of these brutal fights depicts an existence Jamie likens to 'purgatory'.

Recently The Melvins cancelled all performances due to illness of one of the band members. Exclusively for their performance with the films of Cameron Jamie, The Melvins will travel to Europe with a substitute bass player.

In 2003 De Vleeshal presented an exhibition of drawings by Cameron Jamie: Maps and Composite Actions.

Ticket sales: www.ticketservice.nl. Doors open: 20.30. Start: 21.00

www.vleeshal.nl

To the news desk: for more information please contact Rutger Wolfson: +31.118.652200, or +31.6. 21202922, office@vleeshal.nl

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

that sounds very cool. From their description, the movies sound like they will look like Kenneth Anger's style.
Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

Joe Deutrom

Quote from: brianDear Brian Eberlein,

We are very happy that The Melvins will be performing in 'de Vleeshal' in Middelburg (The Netherlands) with the films of Cameron Jamie on the 12th of november 2004.
Would it be possible for you to announce this on your web site?
Attached to this email you can find the press release.
If you need any additional information, please do let me know.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Angela Verschelling

De Vleeshal, Middelburg
t: +31.118.652.200

PRESS RELEASE

CAMERON JAMIE & THE MELVINS

Special performance at De Vleeshal, Middelburg

Friday 12 November, 21.00

The Melvins - one of the most influential cult bands of the last fifteen years - will make three special appearances in Europe.  After Paris and Vienna, this performance will be put on once-only  in the Netherlands: on 12 November at De Vleeshal in Middelburg. Here, The Melvins will give a live performance of their specially composed soundtrack for three films by American artist Cameron Jamie. The Melvins' ominous soundtrack fuses intensely with Cameron Jamie's dark and disturbing films.

The Melvins' music is in a class of its own. It has been hugely influential on some of the seminal bands of the past fifteen years. Cameron Jamie (1969 Los Angeles, lives and works in Paris) works in a variety of mediums, ranging from performance to photography and film. The three films for which The Melvins composed the soundtrack to be performed on 12 November, have been inspired by Jamie's fascination for rituals: both age-old rites and new ones evolving on the outer edges of society.

For Kranky Klaus Jamie travelled to the remote mountain villages of central Austria, where he recorded the 'Krampus ritual'. On the night of 6 December villagers await not only a benevolent Saint Nicholas but also, anxiously, the Krampus: masked, mythical beasts who force their way into people's homes, handing out violent punishment to those believed to have misbehaved in the preceding year.

In Spook House Jamie portrays the inhabitants of the white working class suburbs of Detroit in the weeks running up to Halloween. In late October, homes are transformed into ghost houses, gardens into cemeteries (gravestones and all) and kitchens into mausoleums where torn off 'body parts' are prepared for cannibalistic feasts.

Jamie's acclaimed film BB highlights LA's teenage wrestlers, who 'act out' the popular television wrestling matches. However, unlike the television fights, these encounters are no hoax. Kids jump from garage roofs and fly at each other with ladders and garden furniture. Combined with The Melvins powerful, claustrophobic soundtrack, the black-and-white footage of these brutal fights depicts an existence Jamie likens to 'purgatory'.

Recently The Melvins cancelled all performances due to illness of one of the band members. Exclusively for their performance with the films of Cameron Jamie, The Melvins will travel to Europe with a substitute bass player.

In 2003 De Vleeshal presented an exhibition of drawings by Cameron Jamie: Maps and Composite Actions.

Ticket sales: www.ticketservice.nl. Doors open: 20.30. Start: 21.00

www.vleeshal.nl

To the news desk: for more information please contact Rutger Wolfson: +31.118.652200, or +31.6. 21202922, office@vleeshal.nl

And...we also know that it is Kevin who is "ill".

GrimReaper

brian

benton netty

Quote from: brianon what

for getting an email, apparently.

GrimReaper

Quote from: brianon what

The prestige of your creation.

gwiz

man thats pisses ME off about the cancellation of Mark Langan minutes before he's to play, and i wasnt even there. thats fucking wrong. what a rip-off. you should do some hard-core investigatory jornalism. ring up the fuckers and pretend to be from your popular radio station and demand a response as you brought a ticket. pretend to be "on air"...thatll scare them. yeah. .. even say you have a statement from Marks camp that says..blah blah.
anyway, i hope you find an answer.
peace.

Reverend Ebeneezer

On a related note, I'm looking forward to Lanegan on the 22nd Nov. Last years one was the most moving gig I've been to...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

feta

re: lanegan in seattle. mark ate at dick's (a yummy burger stand) and he got sick. he sat in his hotel room until the very last minute, which probably wasn't too cool however he thought he might feel better and NOT have to cancel. unfortunately he was just too sick and had to cancel...last minute.  the club had no idea. no, i don't work for the club or the promoters.

i saw him in portland the following night and i called the club to make sure that he was there and healthy and ready to play because i'd be pissed off after sitting through an acoustic set of nick oliveri only to find out that lanegan cancelled.

if it were josh i wouldn't care and i've gone way off topic. later!

GrimReaper

Thank's for the information Feta.

Dick's is a pretty respectable burger joint as you well know.

brian

QuoteHello Brian,

There are a total of three dates for the Cameron Jamie/Melvins film performance concerts in Europe.
I checked on your website and you need to add the date in Paris at the Centre Pompidou on Saturday, November 6.
Here is a link:

http://www.centrepompidou.fr/Pompidou/Manifs.nsf/0/50E29C73546B130AC1256EF5002C6526?OpenDocument&sessionM=2.5.2&L=1&form=ProchainementCategorie
Cameron has been traveling for exhibitions and he is in Norway now, but he sends you his very best regards.
All the best,

Agnes Dupont

Ozma

I go to the paris gig but I don't think Jello Biaffra will be there... the melvins only play for the cameron jamie film and I don't think they will play their own songs too but the film soundtrack only
MELVINS : making ear deflorations since 1984