The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#2 Pencil

Quote from: cantona on September 03, 2017, 04:09:46 AM
We made this film because no one else could be bothered.

That should be the Tagline for the film. Sums it up there perfectly. You deserve to be proud of your work because you finished what you started and set out to do. Just waiting for mine to arrive.
I heard their periods attract bears

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

Dumpster D

I donated some money for the project, I received a T-shirt, I'm Just curious if a $50 Donation also earns me a copy of the DVD or Must I purchase a copy? If so, Where do I place my order, I'll have to save up of course, I'm totally broke right now.  :(

cmo23

Quote from: Dumpster D on September 03, 2017, 07:29:18 PM
I'm Just curious if a $50 Donation also earns me a copy of the DVD or Must I purchase a copy?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/26674096/the-colossus-of-destiny-a-melvins-tale

Pledge $50 or more

2 Disc DVD or Blu-Ray of The Colossus Of Destiny – A Melvins Tale*. Contains exclusive disc of bonus footage and interviews and full show from the Oct 2014 tour.
Digital Download of the movie*. 4 exclusive live song mp3s. Updates and Clips. Thanks in the Film Credits.

Seems you're entitled.  If you haven't received any comms from Kickstarter confirming your mailing addr, you should PM the guys here and let them know.

bUTTHOLEmAN

If you got the shirt for the $50, you should also be getting a digital download code, so you can download it.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Dumpster D

Okay cool, I wasn't sure, I'll probably buy a copy as well as have a downloaded version too.

Thanks guy! Keep up the good work buddy!  :P

In fact I did recieve an E-mail confirming things.. but my mind is thick as pea soup what with all the acetone I used to clean the perfect binders at my old Printing Job with for years and years... my brain ain't the same.

I figured $50 bucks wouldn't cover the shirt and a DVD but I mean that would have been a good deal for me more than helping you guys right...If I get a copy that's Totally outstanding, It's hopefully put a bit of gas in your tanks or at least a coffee or lunch to keep you going at the *very* least... I'm really proud of you guys for going for it, inspired by the fearlessness of the best band...I only wish I could have donated more.

Those shirts were Righteous. It was hard to pick one but I went with the Skinner one in the end cuz It looked like an Acid trip vision while listening to HAT all peaked out or something.

It's a big deal to me! It means a lot, all you guys making this happen, I think it's really awesome.

Actually... had a random Melvins dream a few weeks back.. I was helping Buzz Get Golf balls out of the Fish pond by the back patio around the side of Dales house.  :lol: I think It was because I've been waiting to finally watch the documentary and it's been on my mind in anticipation...Dale doesn't actually have a fish pond does he?  :lol:

Oscar

Finally got to watching this - good job guys!

Well put together, entertaining and cohesive.
Pretty impressive how many heads turned up to say a few words. (Although Josh Homme seemed like the kid who didn't study for the test, pulling shit out of his ass that sounded on topic).

But I do have to point this out...NO mention of H.A.T.?

It's the mirage of Melvins albums at this point!

PS: The Kickstarter backing could have paid for some decent mics though don't you think? :P As great as the shot of Pinkus on the toilet was, I could hardly make out anything he said.

EDIT: Just read Idle's post - I stand corrected

2nd EDIT: Just read the shit-flinging over the last couple pages....jesus guys  :shock:

rimb

Has anyone actually been able to download this from the Vimeo site yet?

Got my Vimeo link from the Kickstarter email but there's no download button for it and I'm not getting any response from emailing info@melvinsmovie.com...

buddy holiday

Quote from: rimb on September 19, 2017, 01:08:14 AM

Got my Vimeo link from the Kickstarter email but there's no download button for it and I'm not getting any response from emailing info@melvinsmovie.com...
I got an email saying that the DL is not yet working (right after I got the DL email). I tried a few days later but could not download.
I assume we will hear from the project once the DL will work.

))))((((

Something im interested in with the film is how people will respond to it who DON'T know the band. Those who are not at all familiar or partially so with the ins and outs. For me i think that was something that hampered my own enjoyment in that i was way TOO familiar with their history. I knew all the details and essentially, each time, what would come next.

I say this because a few years ago i watched a documentary about some aging metal band (whose name i totally forget) who had released a couple of records and then called it quits. The film picked up in the present with a reunion tour etc and seeing what had happened in their lives. It wasn't really a great documentary and their music kinda sucked but i did enjoy watching BECAUSE i knew nothing about this band.

(PAUL)

Quote from: rimb on September 19, 2017, 01:08:14 AM

I got it to download a couple of weeks ago, looked great on my iPad. No pauses that I heard the discs have. Oh, and it was great!
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

homeless_dad

Ian, was Anvil the band in the documentary??

Has anyone else who paid over $300 gotten the movie in the special box with the extra material disc??  I'm still waiting.....patiently. :^o

Is Ian back yet??

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: homeless_dad on September 25, 2017, 08:45:28 PM

Has anyone else who paid over $300 gotten the movie in the special box with the extra material disc??  I'm still waiting.....patiently. :^o
Bob has written that he's working on it, no idea about the release date.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

))))((((

Actually just taking a look at it, you are right it WAS Anvil!! I see they have had a longer, more extensive history than i mentioned too. Have you seen that documentary yourself? It was good.

homeless_dad

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 25, 2017, 09:35:36 PM

Bob has written that he's working on it, no idea about the release date.
Great, thank you! I must have missed that post.

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 26, 2017, 02:51:56 AM
Actually just taking a look at it, you are right it WAS Anvil!! I see they have had a longer, more extensive history than i mentioned too. Have you seen that documentary yourself? It was good.
I haven't, but I remember hearing about it when it came out 7 or 8 years ago that it was really good. It used to be on Netflix, not sure if it still is.
Is Ian back yet??