The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runk the punk

You should interview Calvin Johnson if you haven't already. He had a hand in getting the Melvins some of their first real shows outside of Aberdeen at a club called the Tropicana in Olympia back in 84. Dale described them as their first punk shows.

StrangerDanger

Contributed! And I want only to support this project, make it a helluva movie!

John Schuller

Quote from: runk the punk on March 16, 2015, 02:32:35 AM
You should interview Calvin Johnson if you haven't already. He had a hand in getting the Melvins some of their first real shows outside of Aberdeen at a club called the Tropicana in Olympia back in 84. Dale described them as their first punk shows.

I second this!

John Schuller

Something to note to when helping out projects on Kickstarter - remember - it is not JUST about the rewards you get it is about supporting the project.

As soon as my new credit card arrives (tomorrow?) I am going with the $300 option. If I look at it as just $300 for the items it might appear expensive. If I look at it is helping a project reach it's goal so it can be realized and I get some cool stuff? Then it is a steal!!!!

StrangerDanger

Quote from: sadcorps on March 16, 2015, 11:31:31 AM
Something to note to when helping out projects on Kickstarter - remember - it is not JUST about the rewards you get it is about supporting the project.

As soon as my new credit card arrives (tomorrow?) I am going with the $300 option. If I look at it as just $300 for the items it might appear expensive. If I look at it is helping a project reach it's goal so it can be realized and I get some cool stuff? Then it is a steal!!!!

I don`t want any reward, it`s ok for those who want, but in this matter it`s just to get the film going. I gave on third of the amount you gave, Sadcorps, I have obligations economically zu hause with kids etc, so I must limit it.

John Schuller

Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 16, 2015, 12:21:11 PM

I don`t want any reward, it`s ok for those who want, but in this matter it`s just to get the film going. I gave on third of the amount you gave, Sadcorps, I have obligations economically zu hause with kids etc, so I must limit it.

The film is indeed the real reward here! :)

Idlehanz

ANY amount helps us reach the goal. Every donation is appreciated.  Promotion via word of mouth, or sharing on facebook, Twitter, or any other media is also a huge help. Getting the word out there to people.  There's only 23 days left. Seems like a lot, but it's only 23 days. 

Thanks again!

Godflesh

--- Heavy user ---

Bro Hammer

Quote from: sadcorps on March 16, 2015, 01:04:07 PM

The film is indeed the real reward here! :)

This is exactly how I feel about it. The prizes are a bonus for sure but what I REALLY REALLY REALLY want is this movie to happen.
Schnab, I was only able to swing $100 and I had to really save for it. Kids are expensive!

meezer

I had to play some Enron fucking accounting games, but we're all good!

*fingers crossed  :|
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Mints

Threw a few mints into the pot. Really looking forward to seeing this.

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Sludgebaby

My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

oldies radio

All analog. Reel to reel. Fab Four. Little Deuce Coupe. Under My Thumb. Who's better than the Funk Brothers? No one!