The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chomas

I just watched it today for the first time, I thought it was really well done.  I was glad to hear details about certain eras like lustmord.  Kinda weak for Joe Preston not to participate, also Lori Black.  It could have been 3-4 hours long easily if you did a ton of full live songs interwoven in.  Not sure if it would have benefited from a full time narrator or not, but it works as is.  Thank you for your hard work.  When are the limited edition dvd sets going to be going out do you think?

Jozzy

Just curious, but is there a set date they are going to start shipping the blu rays?

echidna

What he said - the end of June is at hand!

blacksanta

Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Jozzy on June 21, 2017, 12:47:56 PM
Just curious, but is there a set date they are going to start shipping the blu rays?

I heard the VHS's are due to ship in a few weeks, with the Blu Rays and DVDs to follow shortly.

(the) Razor

Hey Bob and Ryan, just got that email. No worries at all with the delay. Were all so appreciative of this project, keep in mind that when you're frustration levels are at currently max level. No rush and thanks again for making such a great documentary on one of the most underrated bands of all time. 👍
Don't click this

GrimReaper

We've been waiting for Vinny's interview since 2005. A little delay on Colossus shouldn't be a big deal.

Idlehanz

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

So most of you should have seen the email by now. We've encountered problems with the production company sending back test dvds that aren't working or are completely missing extras. We don't want to send out a shitty and incomplete package so things have been delayed. Again. Which sucks all around. Add the fact that I've been having a ton of doctor appointments, MRI's and a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) over the last few months and things have just been slowed way down. The good news is that the movie is available for purchase and to stream at Vimeo.

Again, sorry for the delays.

John Schuller

No sweat at all! The end physical product will be well worth the wait for everyone. Anyone have a problem with that send them to the Complaints Department.

Idlehanz

Quote from: sadcorps on July 03, 2017, 04:27:55 PM
Anyone have a problem with that send them to the Complaints Department.

That's the problem with this being a two man operation.  We are the complaints department!

Gargamale

If I preorder the BluRays does a Vimeo code get sent to stream the movie while I wait for the shipping to occur?

Dumpster D

I'm curious why Joe and Lori Turned down their involvement? Whether they had positive or negative experiences to document regardless.

GrimReaper

They're waiting for the Hollywood production.

the ether bunny

Quote from: Dumpster D on July 18, 2017, 11:43:46 PM
I'm curious why Joe and Lori Turned down their involvement? Whether they had positive or negative experiences to document regardless.

The only person that I was curious about was Tim Moss. I know tons of footage was recorded and cut down to two hours, but was he interviewed at all? DSS woulda been cool too, but If I remember right, he was booted from the crew for making crude remarks about Mackie or something.
he was a mongoloid.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: the ether bunny on July 19, 2017, 10:54:50 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on July 18, 2017, 11:43:46 PM

The only person that I was curious about was Tim Moss. I know tons of footage was recorded and cut down to two hours, but was he interviewed at all? DSS woulda been cool too, but If I remember right, he was booted from the crew for making crude remarks about Mackie or something.
I was surprised Moss wasn't in it as well. 
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus