The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

Idlehanz

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

BERZERKER

So far there`s only one:

And I guess this is the legal one:

))))((((

Quote from: DC on August 29, 2017, 12:07:56 PM
Do you go out of your way to act like a dickhead or does it just come natural? I've ignored your nonsense for years but this has got to be the biggest display of asshattery I have ever seen. Someone from this community dedicated themselves for years to this project and you have the stones to come on here and flippantly announce you watched an illegal stream? What is wrong with you man? Do you enjoy being a garbage person?
Although unintentional, i must admit this post actually gave me a chuckle. I could be more blunt and straight to the point with my reply to your comment here in reference to something. However you wouldn't like it and rather than do so, instead i'll simply, vaguely write - you don't recall what you've wrote in the past do you?

Quote from: deatheats on August 29, 2017, 12:58:38 PM
Glad someone said it
I must say the opinions are interesting. In a way i don't really mind how people perceive it.

Quote from: glen on August 29, 2017, 12:12:33 PM
don't forget he said he never wants to see it again.
Hey Glen i never specifically said that. I said, and i quote, "i wouldn't really be interested in delving back into this". I'd see bits of it again somewhere down the line potentially. It's one of those things where someone might pull it off the shelf once in a while to watch again as they please. For me it (mostly) covers what we as more studious fans already know or are familiar with so it's not like, lets say a live show or something which might have you itching to see it more often or more than once. It's essentially a history lesson and we know the story. Although i didn't know Mark Deutrom's name is actually Mark Deutron!

Quote from: Idlehanz on August 29, 2017, 07:07:09 PM
No response?
On this occasion yes.

BERZERKER

Quote from: DC on August 29, 2017, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on August 28, 2017, 09:39:58 AM
Finally just finished watching the documentary (on YouTube ha!).

Do you go out of your way to act like a dickhead or does it just come natural? I've ignored your nonsense for years but this has got to be the biggest display of asshattery I have ever seen. Someone from this community dedicated themselves for years to this project and you have the stones to come on here and flippantly announce you watched an illegal stream? What is wrong with you man? Do you enjoy being a garbage person?

Don`t shoot the messenger. It`s not Ians fault that someone was idiotic enough to put it out on Youtube and if you read the comment section, you can see that Meez was out there before Ian. So why not bash Meez for not telling Idle that there`s a foul video on youtube, before Ian comes with the message that he`s seen it on youbute. For all he knew Idle could already be aware of it, so how should Ian know this was breaking news? I like both you and Ian, DC, I understand how you and others can get pissed on Ian, but I don`t like this senseless bashing of him, cause it`s not deserved everytime. Your last tiraded just comes out as mean and it doesn`t suit you, you are much to nice fella to do that.

))))((((

Quote from: BERZERKER on August 30, 2017, 04:11:47 AM
you can see that Meez was out there before Ian. So why not bash Meez for not telling Idle that there`s a foul video on youtube, before Ian comes with the message that he`s seen it on youbute.
To be fair, i absolutely think i did see it BEFORE Meezer. He probably just searched it out after i had mentioned it.

To clear some things up, i wasn't actually LOOKING to find the film. Instead i went on YouTube to see if there was any new interviews with the band. BUT that's when i discovered the film was on there. Am i going to NOT watch it? Of course im curious and wanted to see it so i did so. I was excited to see it! That's all really. I could have chosen to stay quiet and say nothing about it here for 6 weeks and let many others view it also but i didn't. Oh well.

BERZERKER

Ian is like the canary bird in the cole mine, you guys should all applaud him for allerting!   :lol:

meezer

Quote from: meezer on August 30, 2017, 12:04:10 AM
I found it right away.
*Edit

I put the name of the film in the search bar on YouTube after Ian pointed this out. I told Ian in a pm that he's a dirt bag but I still love him. Pay for stuff, especially this one. Or just shut the fuck up.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

BERZERKER

Quote from: meezer on August 30, 2017, 08:12:30 AM
Quote from: meezer on August 30, 2017, 12:04:10 AM
I found it right away.
*Edit

I put the name of the film in the search bar on YouTube after Ian pointed this out. I told Ian in a pm that he's a dirt bag but I still love him. Pay for stuff, especially this one. Or just shut the fuck up.

:lol:

Told him the same, but in another manner. I told him I understood that some here viewed him as an asshole, but that I love him, in a strict platonic manner of course. Ian is a good man and he`s extremely interesting to chat with via pm, fantastic fella.

GiveMe45

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 30, 2017, 04:16:23 AM
Quote from: BERZERKER on August 30, 2017, 04:11:47 AM
you can see that Meez was out there before Ian. So why not bash Meez for not telling Idle that there`s a foul video on youtube, before Ian comes with the message that he`s seen it on youbute.
To be fair, i absolutely think i did see it BEFORE Meezer. He probably just searched it out after i had mentioned it.

To clear some things up, i wasn't actually LOOKING to find the film. Instead i went on YouTube to see if there was any new interviews with the band. BUT that's when i discovered the film was on there. Am i going to NOT watch it? Of course im curious and wanted to see it so i did so. I was excited to see it! That's all really. I could have chosen to stay quiet and say nothing about it here for 6 weeks and let many others view it also but i didn't. Oh well.
That's not what this is about at all.  There's a big difference between what could have been "well I just randomly happened upon it on YouTube and here's my opinion" versus "ha!" which basically translates to disrespect and more crying for attention. 

deatheats

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 30, 2017, 04:16:23 AM
Am i going to NOT watch it?

If you had one ounce of respect for Idle and the hard work he put into this over the years the answer would have been quite clear.

))))((((

Quote from: meezer on August 30, 2017, 08:12:30 AM
See, in a way i agree with you. But in another not. Do you or others (myself included) pay for the videos we watch everyday and enjoy and may post here on YouTube? Or some other cool music film that may have been uploaded somewhere and we share with others? In some ways there is no difference. In SOME ways one could say.

Quote from: GiveMe45 on August 30, 2017, 08:53:59 AM
That's not what this is about at all.  There's a big difference between what could have been "well I just randomly happened upon it on YouTube and here's my opinion" versus "ha!" which basically translates to disrespect and more crying for attention.
"Translates" yes. It translates as such. Does it mean that is what was intended though? Maybe. Could i have wrote it differently? Sure! But i did not. Now of course, for various reasons, something like this is a real hot potato! Many here may read between the lines and assume it's a full on diss! Was i utterly scathing of the movie in what i said? No. I think i was pretty fair. Others won't agree, sure and that's perfectly fine. Same as some people think it's okay to view things for free while others don't. Personally i don't really try and make sense of it.

Im sure the filmmakers themselves know (as well as you and i) that for better or worse, once something is out there, it really is OUT THERE. There's no re-sealing the lid and no one can control that. Sure this particular video could be removed but at some point another and another leak will spring up. If it isn't YouTube it'll be some other place. I could have mentioned that on here in a number of ways - none of which change the fact. Remember i didn't upload it myself. You can't blame me.

Quote from: deatheats on August 30, 2017, 09:30:19 AM
If you had one ounce of respect for Idle and the hard work he put into this over the years the answer would have been quite clear.
Interestingly i was talking about this very thing just a few days ago with someone. I know what you say here is true of some people. Probably many fans. A number of people would take the stance you suggested there. But i am not one of them. You see what i mentioned recently is that im the kind of person that will experience something regardless. Take new album releases for instance. Soem people hold out and WILL NOT listen to a bands album until it is physically in their hands. That's cool. I can respect that but that's not me. I will listen to a new song or record as soon as i can. I don't even care too much about the quality - i just want to hear it! Call it curiosity, call it weak mindedness, call it ripping people off. Call it however you see it. But personally i think it's at least some respect to the filmmakers that i actually WANTED to see it. Imagine if i had discovered the film and thought "nah, not watching this bullshit!". I didn't and don't feel like that. As i said a few posts back, i was excited to see it. I wasn't NOT going to see it. If you don't share that mentality that's okay.

BERZERKER

I think Idle is totally capable of setting it straight by himself, he doesn't need a ton of people having a go at Ian. Settle down folks, at least Ians early "action" took down the illegal stream. Max 200 views before it has now been shut down. But sooner or later it will leak out again as Ian said, either via download or stream somewhere, maybe on youtube again. I guess that's how it is these days.

GiveMe45

Quote from: BERZERKER on August 30, 2017, 10:11:28 AM
I think Idle is totally capable of setting it straight by himself, he doesn't need a ton of people having a go at Ian. Settle down folks, at least Ians early "action" took down the illegal stream. Max 200 views before it has now been shut down. But sooner or later it will leak out again as Ian said, either via download or stream somewhere, maybe on youtube again. I guess that's how it is these days.
Idle did attempt to set straight himself and in turn was ignored and then ridiculed.  Again, it's not the fact that Ian watched it on YouTube, it was the way he presented it.  I'm more than certain the filmmakers were expecting criticism, that's not the issue.  It's the blatant disrespect that he has shown over the last few years of the development of this film and topping it all of with this.  Although I'm sure he can find a way to drag it even further with pointless over-analyzation and complaints.