The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on August 30, 2017, 04:42:58 PM
As far as Ian critiquing the film, he should have kept it to himself. You didn't pay a dime for it you cheap fuck, and no one cares what you think besides.
Perhaps i should have kept it to myself. True. But then this is a discussion board last time i checked. As for being a "cheap fuck", well actually you are 100% right there. Probably the only thing anyone has said in the last few pages that was true. Yep, i'll be the first to admit that i AM indeed terribly frugal. You are no doubt bang on the money about people not caring what i think either.

...unless it's something they disagree with of course!

Quote from: Jozzy on September 01, 2017, 10:51:45 AM
Glad I wasn't the only one absolutely annoyed by this shit.
It's okay, im sure you and everyone else who is foolishly up in arms about this, pays for every single thing they watch/listen to online. Anything else would be very hypocritical you know.

BERZERKER

Stonergrunge

oh Bård, you're terrible  :lol:

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 01, 2017, 11:23:59 AM
It's okay, im sure you and everyone else who is foolishly up in arms about this, pays for every single thing they watch/listen to online

BAM!

Controversy aside, think I'm gonna wait until this stuff becomes more widely available because I really want to have the second disc with the full live show filmed at The Roseland Theater in Portland in 2014.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

deatheats

It's okay, im sure you and everyone else who is foolishly up in arms about this, pays for every single thing they watch/listen to online. Anything else would be very hypocritical you know.

You literally went to the person who spent years of their life working on the project (which most of us on this board helped fund by the way) glibly saying you watched an illegal stream and then criticized their work.  Gee, I just wonder why you got push back?  (This isn't like burning a copy of some shitty Michael Bay film)

The next time I do that I'll happily admit to being a hypocrite...

))))((((

Quote from: deatheats on September 01, 2017, 12:37:29 PM

You literally went to the person who spent years of their life working on the project (which most of us on this board helped fund by the way) glibly saying you watched an illegal stream and then criticized their work.  Gee, I just wonder why you got push back?  (This isn't like burning a copy of some shitty Michael Bay film)

The next time I do that I'll happily admit to being a hypocrite...
Ah so in your mind this documentary is different to any other movie? Somehow with some twisted logic you deem it fine to watch one illegally and the other not? Simply because someone you half know made it? How morally proper of you.

Sometimes i think some of you guys see only what you want to see. Go back and read my original post. Was i totally critical and ripping the film to shreds? No, VERY far from it. I said what i liked and mentioned it was quite a well balanced movie. Which it is! I discussed in a sensible and not at all derogatory manner the chronology of it too. I was (and still am) interested in how the movie was structured. But what a surprise you and others missed those bits right? You just jumped on half a sentence. Upset that (im guessing) you had paid while i hadn't.

deatheats

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 01, 2017, 12:49:09 PM
Ah so in your mind this documentary is different to any other movie?

Are you really this stupid?   ](*,)

))))((((

deatheats

I get more stupid every second I spend conversing with you. 

))))((((

deatheats

Thanks for providing me with a reason to use the ignore list for the first time in the 12 years I've been posting here.
Enjoy the rest of your miserable life Ian.

))))((((

Quote from: deatheats on September 01, 2017, 01:05:29 PM
Thanks for providing me with a reason to use the ignore list for the first time in the 12 years I've been posting here.
Enjoy the rest of your miserable life Ian.
Well if you're still reading, im sorry to hear that. I understand we all may see things differently and of course that's part of the problem with anything like this. I don't wish any ill will (not to anyone here actually) but speaking of the exchanges with people about this, i do find something very strange going on here. It's as much a curiosity to me as it is illogical in my mind.

BERZERKER

Deatheats, what I can't understand is how you can wind yourself up this way. I payed, I also think it was odd of Ian to engage in a movie he earlier said he didn't bother to much for, but to get this crazed? If anyone should be angry, it should be Idle, none of you other guys. You had nothing to do with the film process. And to paint a pic of a thing that I'm sure Idle and the co workers enjoyed more than calling it strainious hard work with blood sweat and tears. No one held a gun to their heads. I would have loved to make such a docu and be able to do it on behalf of the band I love. This borders to a bit pathetic, someone should really take a real deep thinking about what on  earth they are doing. Get a grip.

deatheats

Ignoring Ian ranks up there with how much I thought about my morning shit.

BERZERKER

Quote from: deatheats on September 01, 2017, 02:15:09 PM
Ignoring Ian ranks up there with how much I thought about my morning shit.

As I said, get a grip.

And I guess also this is not what this thread is about, better to just let things be.

GiveMe45

I'll try to make this the last I comment on this because Ian just seems to be one of those that thinks "it's the rest of the world who is wrong, can't be me" who doesn't acknowledge or take accountability when their side of the argument might not exactly be the right side.  For me it just comes down to the disrespectful nature of how he's approached everything to do with this.

I don't care that he criticized the movie.  As with any project this big there's going to be the fair share of criticism.  Like I said before, posting here doesn't mean you are required like the movie but I would at least think criticism would be constructive accompanied with respect and appreciation for the hard work that was put into it.  Personally I don't mind the sound 'issues'.  Has every Melvins show or interview outside of the movie sounded perfect or exactly alike?  I'd much rather have it the way it is instead of a squeaky clean polished Hollywood production.  There were comments he made over the last couple years during the development of this that were neither supportive or respectful of the work going into it. Again, politeness is not a requirement for people posting on this board but what's the point? 

I actually don't care that he watched it on YouTube.  It's going to happen and the filmmakers probably knew that well in advance of release.  Once again it's the disrespectful way he presented it.  The "ha" that was used was more insulting than any bad review on this board could ever be.  Idle asked for a link and was seemingly ignored.  I'll give benefit of the doubt and maybe Ian didn't check the board for a time and didn't see Idle's request.  But when he did respond it did not answer Idle's request and it was insulting and childish. 

There's no need for name calling or insulting Ian.  That won't accomplish anything.  But it's now also obvious that there's no point in trying to have a dialogue with him about this.  He doesn't consider other points of view and doesn't seem to have the ability to take a step back and check his words and actions.  None of this is going to make me enjoy the film any less.

Oh, and to address one of his counterpoints....I can say with all sincerity that I have never once illegally downloaded anything off the internet.