Melvins Ready First-Ever Acoustic Album ‘Five Legged Dog’

Started by rimb, July 21, 2021, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 22, 2021, 12:06:39 PM
The Bunk Up???

Splendid idea. Totally underrated gem!

Quote from: glen on July 22, 2021, 12:56:31 PM
throw in "Heater Moves and Eyes" just for the heck of it.

I'll see your Heater and I'll raise ya ... a Grin and a Jew Boy Flower Head; and just for the heck of it the second half of fucking Let It All Be and the first half of fucking Skin Horse!

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 22, 2021, 12:06:39 PM
Can we remove ... and then add ...

Sure there's a few I'd drop and a lot I'd add ... but all fantasy wish listing aside, that's a pretty sweet spread of cuts. Lots I'm looking forward to ... At The Stake!? Oh shit, I can hardly wait! The oppressive openness and haunted hanging space in that one gonna be all the that! Same deal with Hung/Roman and Shevil. Also looking forward to Pitfalls, Lovely Butterfly, Bloated Pope, The Bit, and With Teeth. But At The Stake, fuck yeah.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Von_Grip

Quote from: dirtmerchant on July 21, 2021, 11:03:25 PM
Bandcamp shipping $7
Blixt shipping $18 😐
I only paid 7 and change for shipping from Blixt 
...although now, I kinda wish I'd used bandcamp for the preorder, for some reason it hadn't occurred to me
"im ol' south!"

the bloat

This track list is epic! Very excited for this. I'm rarely in the mood for Buzz's acoustic stuff. I mean, I like it, don't get me wrong, but I don't play it often. I like the Melvins for their chugging, de-tuned guitars, snarling vocals and general weirdness. I'm hoping that these cleaner sounds will grow on me. I thought the Night Goat teaser was pretty rad, I think because of the drums.

This record makes a lot of sense and is a natural progression in their discography. Easier to play physically, the songs are already made, while having a different sound than the rest of their catalog. Someone mentioned this earlier, but this could be a sort of greatest hits, dreamed up in a very Melvins way!

))))((((

Quote from: the bloat on July 23, 2021, 12:08:15 AM
This record makes a lot of sense and is a natural progression in their discography.
I completely agree. From the very first moment Buzz started playing a few Melvins songs acoustic on his initial solo tour it made me want to hear more Melvins songs done that way. So for a while i've wished they would put something like this out yet never really expected that they would. I just imagined they might make an album of new songs done acoustic. Who knows! Perhaps that will appear at some point down the line also!

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Helen83

Quote from: sadcorps on July 22, 2021, 06:45:21 PM
Quote from: Topaz on July 22, 2021, 04:11:23 PM
As soon as I heard the acoustic Night Goat, I thought, "This album will be my new go-to record for smoking a blunt to."

:wink:

Damn straight!

Totally. It's essentially stripped back dubwise Melvins. They don't need no commotion with that motion!!

Helen83

This is essentially the WHOLE catalogue in the key of Bootlicker.

In other words.....this is going to be most triumphant.

That little taster of Nightgoat is KO.

))))((((

Every time i read the title of this album i keep thinking of the band Three Dog Night!

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 23, 2021, 06:25:24 PM
Every time i read the title of this album i keep thinking of the band Three Dog Night!

I keep thinking of Alice in Chain's three legged dog album.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on July 23, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on July 23, 2021, 06:25:24 PM
I keep thinking of Alice in Chain's three legged dog album.
Ah yeah. I didn't think of that one. Now you mention it, this seems like a clear reference point/homage.

amazonAMAZON

I imagined the five might be a reference to five instruments (gtr, drums, bass, lead vocals, backing vocals), or five "active" members of the Melvins (including Dunn and Pinkus). Of course it's weird and will give Mackie and Haze plenty to illustrate across the various versions.