Melvins on the Ernie Ball Podcast

Started by jules, March 06, 2020, 01:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Buzz mentions a new Melvins 1983 record in the works!!!

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 07, 2020, 02:36:45 AM

That's good to hear with all the problems with Crover's back I was expecting a new 1983 album/tour situation soon.

amazonAMAZON

That's great. I hope to see Dillard play

black stallion

Quote from: Bigval on March 07, 2020, 05:52:55 PM

That's good to hear with all the problems with Crover's back I was expecting a new 1983 album/tour situation soon.

Crover doesn't have any problem with his back. Melvins just toured and Redd Kross have an European tour booked
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Also the 1983 incarnation tends not to tour outside of putting on a few shows. As Buzz has mentioned, Dillard has a union job and family so i wouldn't expect to see him take 3 months out for touring.

surfling

This could have been such a great interview had the interviewer shown a little more interest in Buzz' answers.... like when Buzz talks about the Chris Cornell tribute show. Too bad the interviewer didn't pick up on it.

Loved Buzz' top 5 Melvins albums list.
"Pop music is for sheep. And we are shepherds disguised as wolves."
(Laibach)

Bigval

Quote from: black stallion on March 08, 2020, 09:59:39 AM

Crover doesn't have any problem with his back. Melvins just toured and Redd Kross have an European tour booked

Why do you keep insisting Crover doesn't have any problem with his back?

QuoteIn September, Melvins embarked on a lengthy U.S. tour with McDonald's other band, Redd Kross. Crover and McDonald are logging double-duty each night, acting as the rhythm section for both bands. It marks a welcome return to the road for Melvins, after Crover's back ailments forced the band to cancel European shows this summer.

In advance of the group's local stops in Brooklyn and Asbury Park, I phoned Osborne during the tour to discuss the latest happenings in the Melvins universe, as well as his riff-making process.

How's Dale's back doing now? Is everything OK there?

I don't know if he's OK, but he's making it through it. He's got two discs that are cracked in his back. And he's doing double-duty, playing for both Redd Kross and Melvins.

https://www.theaquarian.com/2019/10/02/melvins-unusual-is-better/

QuoteTalked to Buzz and the Trevor Dunn collaboration is half finished. Based on our conversation he'll be touring with Trevor and Redd Kross is going to Europe. Dale's back is very debilitating. That's it.

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=22456.msg636955#msg636955

Dumpster D

Thanks Jules, I enjoyed that read.

Buzz is really great, love his thoughts on many points.

And of course Steven rules, he just seems like the nicest guy, you know?

black stallion

Quote from: Bigval on March 09, 2020, 07:05:28 AM
Quote from: black stallion on March 08, 2020, 09:59:39 AM

Why do you keep insisting Crover doesn't have any problem with his back?

QuoteIn September, Melvins embarked on a lengthy U.S. tour with McDonald's other band, Redd Kross. Crover and McDonald are logging double-duty each night, acting as the rhythm section for both bands. It marks a welcome return to the road for Melvins, after Crover's back ailments forced the band to cancel European shows this summer.

In advance of the group's local stops in Brooklyn and Asbury Park, I phoned Osborne during the tour to discuss the latest happenings in the Melvins universe, as well as his riff-making process.

How's Dale's back doing now? Is everything OK there?

I don't know if he's OK, but he's making it through it. He's got two discs that are cracked in his back. And he's doing double-duty, playing for both Redd Kross and Melvins.

https://www.theaquarian.com/2019/10/02/melvins-unusual-is-better/

QuoteTalked to Buzz and the Trevor Dunn collaboration is half finished. Based on our conversation he'll be touring with Trevor and Redd Kross is going to Europe. Dale's back is very debilitating. That's it.

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=22456.msg636955#msg636955

because he's ok now. those links to interviews or bbs posts are from more than one year ago.. didn't you realize that? he did a lot of touring after he had that problem... i'm as surprised as you that you keep on saying he still have a problem with his back  :)

QuoteMy back is really good, actually. I was sidelined for over a month and had to rest and do a lot of physical therapy. I kind of woke up one day and it was totally fucked. I've had issues with sciatica, but now it has gone away," says Crover. 

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/melvins-redd-kross-crescent-ballroom-november-4-11377842

Bigval

Quote from: black stallion on March 10, 2020, 02:33:52 PMbecause he's ok now. those links to interviews or bbs posts are from more than one year ago.. didn't you realize that?

Try 5 months ago, on their last full scale tour.

black stallion