Willis and Warren

Started by Dumpster D, October 19, 2014, 06:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

A Lot of people arent fully sold on These members of the band even now, but I mean Only because they are such a Close match to being equally heavy on their own.

honestly They worked their butts off and made it happen and the hard work paid off, Earned their place to play in the Melvins, who obviously have a good ear for talent, you dont pass that up...you Just dont do it.

Remember what a dream come true these two boys are to this band.

It was probly one of the best things to happen to the melvins, saved the day. 

Lately Ive been playing the Big Biz Tour EP II and It Rules Ok. Its fucking badass heavy as hell, better *sounding* than their produced Albums in my oppinion...not that its better or worse, Just my ear likes the Cut and dry over the Glossy stock in the Full-lengths. 

That EP is a Gem in my CD collection.

Kevin had left the Melvins and that could have been a near case of;  All She wrote for a minute there.

Buzz was asked about that in a recent interview and made me realize Just how the whole Rutabega Rottenhaus thing went over for the band after youve Just put out some of your very best work to date.

Would KILL YA!!! YOU WOULD WANT TO CRAWL UP AND DIE!!!

Realize that without Big-biz to Breathe a new wind into the bands sails and help chart a new heading...that a lot of Great stuff you are now listening to was potentially like the Family photo from back to the future Starting to fade out of existance for a minute or two even. (not that the band would have been done completely at that point or anything by and stretch)

things may have gone in a way different direction than they took.

Look at how its Turned a fresh chapter for the band and allowed all the things that are happening now to happen.

Thank you Coady and Danger bass PLayin Daddy Jare.

We love you and miss you!!!

War on Wisdom is one of my top very most fav Melvins tunes ever ever.

XOXOX

black stallion

i don't think they are out. just a break
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

meezer

I hope to hear more studio work from Big Melvins, for sure.

As for live, I don't know if I need to see double drummers anymore.

I'll find out next Saturday. I saw the 30th Anniversary Tour, last summer.
Same line-up, plus Coady.

I really appreciate the stability that Jared has brought to the band.
He became their longest tenured bass player last year.
For Buzz to have a partner on the non-percussion side of the band, who
can run his own band, sing lead vocals, write and play interesting bass parts and
the most important part - go away for a while. That's the key to making this work.
I think we've seen that this will be the format from now on.
I can't complain. I've enjoyed Freak Puke, Tres Cabrones, TMKA and now Hold It In
as much as Big Melvins.   
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

jonE5

Saw Big Business their last tour.. Freakin' Phenomenal!

Love them in Melvins also. I think ASA, NWB and the B&B EP are perfection..

musicismyradar

I think it's good if Big Business are taking a break for a while. I mean Jared did just have a kid.
And I hope at sometime they can get back to collaborating. If that lies on the horizon, I can wait.
Battlefields Forever is a classic record in my opinion, and ASA got me into the Melvins.
"Without them, there would be no me."

Alex-

I heard Big Business lately played as a two piece again? Is Scott also on a break, or busy with something else at the moment? I wonder if he will be joining Big Biz at their upcoming european tour.

musicismyradar

Quote from: -xelA on May 06, 2081, 12:01:06 PM
I heard Big Business lately played as a two piece again? Is Scott also on a break, or busy with something else at the moment? I wonder if he will be joining Big Biz at their upcoming european tour.
That's a good question. I think Scott added a lot to the sound on Battlefields. Better than Toshi on The Drift, with his airy riffs.

jules

Quote from: Alex- on October 19, 2014, 12:34:11 PM
Scott has had a bad back. He'll be up and about again soon.

FartLips

More big biz, less big melvins? What does the future hold?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

black stallion

did they play live as two piece?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

meezer

Quote from: black stallion on October 19, 2014, 04:09:42 PM

In Portland, a couple of weeks ago.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Helen83

Big Business are great and they are formidable in the live department with Melvins but I hope it's over between them and Melvins. I mean look at the big picture here....they're Big Business NOT Melvins at the end of the day and I'm sure they get much more fulfilment artistically from creating their own stuff.

I hope BB go it alone because personally I think it's bands like Mastodan that should be supporting their shows.....but mainly because I much prefer Melvins without them. That's my opinion of course. But personally I think the collaboration on the road and in the studio has run it's course.

The new Melvins chapter is great.

GiveMe45

Quote from: meezer on October 19, 2014, 04:12:12 PM
Quote from: black stallion on October 19, 2014, 04:09:42 PM

In Portland, a couple of weeks ago.
And it was awesome....

FartLips

And they ain't getting paid like buzz and dale either. They gotta make their own dough now.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Dumpster D

Quote from: FartLips on October 19, 2014, 01:34:06 PM
More big biz, less big melvins? What does the future hold?

you wanna live forever or something, The bands are probly not going to be around for another three decades if thats what youre missing here.

seems to me thats what the future holds, the door we all step through in the end.

This is reality son.

Make your mark here on this earth instead of passing like a fart in the wind.