Demon Knight soundtrack re-released on vinyl in the U.S.

Started by jules, March 07, 2017, 06:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigval

The TV show was awesome but this was a shithouse movie, vinyl looks cool though.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: buddy holiday on March 07, 2017, 06:34:18 AM
Quote from: jules on March 07, 2017, 06:31:42 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on March 07, 2017, 06:25:45 AM
Instant Larry is worth it alone.
I might pick that up if I can find it somewhere here....
Also I always loved that Sepultura tune.
Quote from: buddy holiday on March 07, 2017, 06:28:42 AM
edit: just ordered the green one for 28 shipped!
Cool. Amazon Germany have them on pre-order (31 March) but they're quite expensive:

https://www.amazon.de/Demon-Knight-Soundtrack-Vinyl-LP/dp/B01N9KADUQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488889762&sr=8-3&keywords=demon+knight+soundtrack
mine comes from www.cede.ch. it is the biggest CD / Vinyl online shop in Switzerland and it is based in Winterthur. They ship for free within Switzerland.
The record would have been CHF 38 too, but I got a CHF 10 voucher! ha!

ooohhhh... Switzerland, probably the best country in the world and one of the few places where I would like to go in a not too distant future.

Please tell me more about the store, I was checking their website but I couldn't find any information about shipping overseas.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

(PAUL)

Quote from: Bigval on March 08, 2017, 09:00:03 PM
The TV show was awesome but this was a shithouse movie, vinyl looks cool though.

It wasn't a great movie but it was way better than Bordello of Blood.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Bigval

Quote from: (PAUL) on March 09, 2017, 02:45:16 PM
Quote from: Bigval on March 08, 2017, 09:00:03 PM

It wasn't a great movie but it was way better than Bordello of Blood.

You're right that was an even worse movie. I still love the Tales From The Crypt TV series though I bought a few of the season boxsets through Amazon years ago when they were reasonably cheap and just turn to them when I'm scratching around for something to watch just a little sip every now and then, I've been on season 4 for about 2 years now and seasons 5 & 6 are sitting there still in their wrapping.

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on March 09, 2017, 12:32:51 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 09, 2017, 12:03:26 PM
Cool. Amazon Germany have them on pre-order (31 March) but they're quite expensive:

https://www.amazon.de/Demon-Knight-Soundtrack-Vinyl-LP/dp/B01N9KADUQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488889762&sr=8-3&keywords=demon+knight+soundtrack
mine comes from www.cede.ch. it is the biggest CD / Vinyl online shop in Switzerland and it is based in Winterthur. They ship for free within Switzerland.

ooohhhh... Switzerland, probably the best country in the world and one of the few places where I would like to go in a not too distant future.

Please tell me more about the store, I was checking their website but I couldn't find any information about shipping overseas.
Shhhh! Don't say 'overseas' to a Swiss, they get very defensive about it. They don't have seas.  :D

They do, however, have a navy:

http://swissnavyproducts.com/

:lol:

...by the way how is SOUTHERN RAILWAY doing?  :P

jules

Quote from: buddy holiday on March 10, 2017, 05:38:56 AM
Quote from: jules on March 09, 2017, 12:32:51 PM

Shhhh! Don't say 'overseas' to a Swiss, they get very defensive about it. They don't have seas.  :D

They do, however, have a navy:

http://swissnavyproducts.com/

...by the way how is SOUTHERN RAILWAY doing?  :P

buddy holiday

I am not sure if they offer international shipping at all. I did not find any info either.

this online-shop was built from the ashes from one of the best recordstores in the country (probably).
the recordstore was based in my hometown until the early 2000 and was my place of introduction to anything music related throughout the 90ies.
when shutting the recordsstore down in the early 2000 most of the co-owners decided to sell their piece of ownership to one remaining owner.
He was smart enough to go online and become the biggest and first online shop for CDs, Records, DVDs, Games in Switzerland.
The company is still based in my hometown and some of my friends work there. The story goes that the owner has made a fortune with that tranformation during the past 15 years.

jules

The never-ending milking of this LP continues with another re-release, this time on clear with purple streaks vinyl /300. Release date 16 October 2020. Pre-orders available in the UK.

Dumpster D

I still have the original soundtrack on Cassette, just cuz it's got the Melvins song on it...The main guy in the film I used to see him in lots of movies but duno his name or anything, He was probably in a few episodes of Tales from The crypt too, I used to stay up late as a kid to watch that show sometimes, I was into it back in the days of Cable TV.

And I thought the film Sucked even for its time...even as a Kid I was not really impressed with it, not even close.

The main actor was great, the film sets and props and costumes and everything was good, lighting was excellent same with the effects...I Just didn't think the story or writing was any good.

Army of Darkness was the shit compared to Demon Knight.

My question is where is the Song instant Larry in the actual movie? I don't ever think I heard it in the film itself, it was easily the best track on there even though it's completely out of place with everything else on there...It's a lot cooler than everything else on the soundtrack IMHO.

amazonAMAZON

"Instant Larry" might be my true moment of falling in love with the Melvins.

This soundtrack also taught me that Pantera had once been a pansy ass metal band. The song still kind of rules, but the Phil that evolved on Vulgar was a new animal.

Having RZA and Ministry and the only great Filter song and the aSepultura track give this thing weight. Blockbuster action film soundtracks were huge in the 90s and this is top ten.