Crystal Fairy! New Band w/ Buzz, Dale, Teri Gender Bender & Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Started by vince furnier, October 04, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCGOD

The song sung in Spainish is Secret Agent Rat (God, I live that title!). Possession is basically a Teri/Buzz duet and one of the best songs on the album imho.

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: POOP GRENADE on February 14, 2017, 12:10:04 PM
Something actually worth reading, with some insight:

http://thequietus.com/articles/21773-crystal-fairy-interview-melvins

Regardless of how you feel of this read they're right on the money about Chickenfoot and Superheavy being dogshit.

That recent interview is great too, clearly written at the time the dates were meant to happen.

the ether bunny

Thanks for this, Ian! I'm stuck in the office for yet another northern California downpour. This will pass the time nicely!
he was a mongoloid.

))))((((

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on February 17, 2017, 11:16:04 AM
Great Album !!!
I'll be interested to hear what fans who already like Teri's other acts think about this. So far i've only listened through the record once but it didn't really strike me too much. Maybe even a slight nonplussed reaction on my part. But then 9 times out of 10 i guess that's my usual response to a new Melvins record. Not that this is a Melvins record of course. I read a little comment someone else said who had heard the record a few days ago and they said it gets bad after the first 6 songs. I wouldn't go that far but i did feel my interest drop around that point. Still, i'll be listening more this next few days! I'll probably love it by this time next week.

))))((((

'Moth Tongue' is such a Melvins sounding song. 'Secret Agent Rat' too. Quite a bit of Buzzo riffage. It's always interesting, but at the same time in a way unfortunate to listen to a project such as this and unpick who did what. It's kind of unavoidable to do so though.

))))((((

"I think having Terri as the singer made it where we wanted to do a new band. We wanted to have something new and have her be the frontperson. I guess that's why. It is certainly different enough. It has our sound, but it also has her thing. She's all over it and she wrote all the lyrics." - Dale.

I know the band see this as a different entity but i have to say i still think of it as a "Melvins album". I think even what Dale mentions above doesn't rule it out. I mean when you think of The Crybaby, Chicken Switch, Hold It In or even Everybody Loves Sausages those records all in one way or another blur the lines that Dale outlines above there.

Bigval

Personally I don't think this Crystal Fairy album sounds much like the Melvins at all.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on February 18, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
Personally I don't think this Crystal Fairy album sounds much like the Melvins at all.
Oh it does for me. Very much so. Some songs or moments don't really come across as a Melvins track, 'Under Trouble' for example, but then lately Melvins albums have had a few surprise odd songs on there. So that just fits into that for me.

BTW, i have to say that i think 'Posesion' is the worst song on here and it's a cover!

black stallion

been listening to this a couple of times. it grew up a little bit after second listen. some good moments by Buzz and Dale. still think there's too much Teri in the mix, considering also she doesn't stop a moment singing. not the best thing i heard involving Buzz and Dale but a decent straight rock album and i can see them being excited collaborating with a true frontwoman
looking forward to new Melvins material...
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(the) flutter nuts

Damn this album is AMAZING!!!!!!

Can't believe i didn't pre order the pink vinyl before it sold out  :?
I got the shits real bad.