Los Angeles - 8/15/09

Started by perusha, August 16, 2009, 12:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perusha

God damn...sounded amazing.  Greatest band in the history of music, end of story.  Same set list I do believe but w/ The Bit in place of Night Goat.

And for being an old man, something kind of cool about seeing the Melvins just kill it and being home by 10:15.

perusha

Oh...and in regards to Down...I have no interest, never had any interest and no opinion on their fans at all.  Got in and out of this show as fast as possible.

Having said that, if Down playes no music but instead do nothing but this for 45 minutes, count me in next time they play.  I love this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-RecAM7OAQ&feature=related

I am the Sun

I stuck around for a good portion of Down's set, thinking they might surpass my expectations and pleasantly surprise me. Unfortunately, they were totally boring and we left before we had to suffer through an encore. All of the Down fans I talked to were nice guys. There was some fights and drunken idiocy but nothing too obnoxious. The Melvins, on the other hand were ridiculously tight and heavy. I swear they get better every time I see them. Weedeater was also great.

(the) Razor

A clip of this has just shown up on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Z2bIi9lHo

Looked like a great show.
Don't click this

glen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFWQ5JcD1vc

check it out!  POTRE!  very,  very nice.     looks like buzz is feeling it a little more these days.  plus if I'm not mistaken he's got a sweet pair of chuck taylors on.  first the les paul goes, now the combat boots?  
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Idlehanz

Quote from: glen on August 19, 2009, 01:57:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFWQ5JcD1vc

check it out!  POTRE!  very,  very nice.     looks like buzz is feeling it a little more these days.  plus if I'm not mistaken he's got a sweet pair of chuck taylors on.  first the les paul goes, now the combat boots?  

I forgot to mention that too...in both Eugene and Portland, he was very animated during POTRE and Bloated Pope.

>>>JZS<<<

Buzz should bust out the Les Paul for a song or two on this tour.

Buick GN

Quote from: kingnimrod on August 19, 2009, 09:21:26 PM
Buzz used to wear chucks years ago before the boots.

photo: Jimmy T (tastelikedirt)

glen

The new guitar is awesome. I bought one just likei t.

and when can we expect it will be put to use like as in recorded sounds?
hhmmmm?

oh and as far as the chucks...  buzz also used to wear jammies onstage prior to the mumu. but that don't mean I think any less of him.  in fact, the wife just bought me a shiney new brown pair of chucks for my birthday last week.  so we cool.

goddam that POTRE riff sounds sweet.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

(the) Razor

It does indeed, so does that Billy Fish intro. Two very different songs.

They better bring the Belvins down under soon. I don't wanna miss this incarnation.
Don't click this

Smellis

"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

encumeindusia

I love autumn, even in Los Angeles.  You should share these over at skyscraperpage.

grays harbor mafia

Quote from: Buick on August 19, 2009, 09:29:31 PM
Buzz used to wear chucks years ago before the boots.

photo: Jimmy T (tastelikedirt)
U got a link to this guys work? I like it!!
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC