The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Mario Poffo

Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on May 25, 2010, 04:21:34 PM
Big Business still release Big Business records.

Melvins on the other hand don't still release Melvins records........they release Melvins/Big Business records.

I think the time has come for the Melvins to release Melvins records again.

well, they did. it's called The Bride Screamed Murder and it's great.

dude, they give you songs like Pig House, I'll Finish You Off and Hospital Up and you still keep bitchin about the BB guys being part of the lineup? listen to the songs instead of being prejudiced because you didn't like the BB era so far ...

people are always like "best melvins line up was with kevin". they were great with kevin on bass, but they were great before and they're great now. they just keep on moving. You don't like it - so be it. It mystifies me how fans of melvins music can be so narrow-minded. you gotta stop living in the past.
I saw Dale Crover (again) and his name is God.

Buick GN

Anyone have any photos of the signed copy/signatures - care to share them here?

MrLuck87

Quote from: black stallion on June 05, 2010, 04:34:16 AM

:D Thanks!  Has that been posted in the "best Melvins pic ever" thread?

Dumpster D

I think this is THE Epic melvins album, It's a great mix, sounds like Buzz uses his new custom guitar for most of the way through.

It's got me too exited, now all I can do is wait to catch a show!

when the melvins come out after the show, someone needs to be like "TEN-HUT" and everyone should salute!

anyway if you don't stand behind the melvins ARMY, feel free to stand in front of them!

this album is a total mutant.

black stallion

Quote from: MrLuck87 on June 05, 2010, 04:46:14 PM
Quote from: black stallion on June 05, 2010, 04:34:16 AM

:D Thanks!  Has that been posted in the "best Melvins pic ever" thread?
you're welcome!guess it was taken during the Shrinebuilder recording session though.and yes, it could be that someone has posted the pic in the "best melvins pic ever" thread yet
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

BC

Quote from: jonE5 on June 05, 2010, 11:10:50 AM

I swear I saw a picture of the Melvins in the studio holding a a rubber chicken and I think I hear a rubber chicken on the jazz part.  Does anyone have that picture or know what I'm talking about?

For anyone who doubts it's a rubber chicken  :lol:

Screaming Rubber Chicken
I thought balloons as well.
I've thought, since the first time I listened to that song. That it was them 'pinching' balloons. You know, when you let the air out slowly and sort of pull/pinch the opening to controll the air coming out. When you're doing that you can kind of bend the pitch and that what it sounds like to me. Think about it next time you're listening.
[/quote]

Idlehanz

I figured it was balloons and the chicken.

GrimReaper

Water Glass has been stuck in my head all day. This is why:

Melvins-The Bride Screamed Murder tour

joel

Just got it today and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Not sure if I would rank it alongside their better works (POTRE, Lysol, Stag, HAT) but it's a solid release. Really looking forward to seeing some of these live. Long live Melvins!

Schnabster

BSM has been rolling on the car stereo in Schnabs rental car all the week i sunny france, and the verdict is that this a severly good record. Not a fan of the chants and stuff, but the highlights are so strong that it doesn`t matter. And, Dale should vocal more, Inhumanity or Death is awesome, allthough it`s too short. This record will also function live VERY well.

nightwolf

Buick GN

Quote from: Buick on June 05, 2010, 04:28:35 PM

Well, fuck you all!

:D

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Buick on June 07, 2010, 08:00:46 PM
Quote from: Buick on June 05, 2010, 04:28:35 PM

Well, fuck you all!

:D
:oops:

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Buick GN

BC

Quote from: Idlehanz on June 06, 2010, 07:15:28 PM
I figured it was balloons and the chicken.
yeah.  On 2nd listen I heard both as well.  I like the "gregorian chant" style on pg x3.