Melvins/Isis split 12"

Started by rimb, February 19, 2010, 05:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Ten Beers

Isis is decent. I like Oceanic & Panopticon the best. The last two albums are alright, they don't hit me the way previous ones do. I don't get the "nice" vocals on the last two. I don't know for sure, but some of it almost sounds auto-tuned.

pinkyslim

Quote from: the baron on February 21, 2010, 03:29:56 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on February 19, 2010, 05:53:10 PM
fuck Hydrahead.  Bunch of cabbage munching hairbags.
ISIS blows now.  They peaked at Oceanic or maybe Panopticon.  I do like Celestial ALOT.
New stuff=  Way gay vocals and music
that puts me to sleep.

What happened to Melvins teaming up w/ real bands like the Cosmic Psyhos or Lustmord :oops:?

How exactly is a certain style of singing homosexual? Please think about what you are writing.
=D>
are you a fag?

moose

Quote from: the baron on February 21, 2010, 03:29:56 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on February 19, 2010, 05:53:10 PM
fuck Hydrahead.  Bunch of cabbage munching hairbags.
ISIS blows now.  They peaked at Oceanic or maybe Panopticon.  I do like Celestial ALOT.
New stuff=  Way gay vocals and music
that puts me to sleep.

What happened to Melvins teaming up w/ real bands like the Cosmic Psyhos or Lustmord :oops:?

How exactly is a certain style of singing homosexual? Please think about what you are writing.
he meant happy. way happy vocals...
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

hagus667

I'm lukewarm on Isis' vocals, but musically they ain't bad. 

Don't fuck with Mastodon, though.  I saw them play Crack the Skye in its entirety, and my mind is not the same.
"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light gauge if I'm gonna thrash!"

anaconda

Here's an idea, let's just wait and hear the songs on the split
before we decide that the b-side sucks.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/tim_archer/tradingspouses.jpg

Captain CoryCory

It could be worse. Could've been Melvins and Boris...

But isis is still very douche in my books! THUMBS UP!

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: hagus667 on February 21, 2010, 10:19:17 PMDon't fuck with Mastodon, though.  I saw them play Crack the Skye in its entirety, and my mind is not the same.

I saw them perform Crack The Sky in it's entirety too. I should have brought a pillow. Their old stuff doesn't do much for me either. Most over-hyped metal band in the last ten years.

>>>JZS<<<

Isis is hot...    

...I'd do her, especially if she was wearing those stripper platforms.

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: O))) on February 22, 2010, 03:27:10 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on February 22, 2010, 09:33:55 AM
It could be worse. Could've been Melvins and Boris...

Yeah i used to really love Boris but now i can take 'em or leave 'em with regards to most of their songs.

It also dosen't help that virtually every time they do a split, the other band looks better because Boris' song(s) on said split are absolute shit. Except the split with Stupid Babies Go Mad (And even then, SBGM's part of that DVD is soooo much more fun to watch.) and the Doomriders split (Where both bands sucked and it was like, 430000 bucks.)

cara

Hydrahead has released a lot of boring stuff but when they release something good its really good - and the vinyl they put out is drool-worthy. (Yes, that's mostly a reference to A(S)A.)

I've seen both Isis and Mastodon live... Actually really enjoyed Isis. I only enjoyed Mastodon becuase they were opening for Slayer along with Children of Bodom and Lamb of God which made Mastodon look awesome in comparison. Slayer blew them all away, of course.

Bitches of Copacabana

Artists bashed in this thread so far:

Mike Patton
Isis
Mastodon
Boris

What's next?  Harvey Milk and Neurosis?   :shock:
"Be-bop boot and shoe, ding dong the bell has been rang."

Buick GN

cara

Thats right - everything else sucks except Ministry and Meursault. Never forget this.

(the) Razor

Quote from: Bitches of Copacabana on February 22, 2010, 11:37:16 PM
Artists bashed in this thread so far:

Mike Patton
Isis
Mastodon
Boris

What's next?  Harvey Milk and Neurosis?   :shock:

Harvey Milk's pretty gay.
Don't click this

Captain CoryCory

Yeah, buncha fucking gypsy boys. COCK-A-BALL