Dale Crovers Kits

Started by drumfreak:), April 01, 2014, 07:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumfreak:)

Hey guys!

Does anyone have some details to Dale´s not Tama kits?

I know that he  had one (or two?) Ludwig kits in Bonham sizes (26/24,14/15,18) and his "Piece of shit kit" which is heard one 6/8/10/26 songs and Gluey.

But...any detailed information on these?

What actual sizes were they?

What cymbals did he play back then?

ANY other information?:D

I don´t exactly know why I wanna know everything about his kits (maybe because he´s my idol...) but hell, I wanna know everything that can be found!:D

btw: my guesses on his drum sizes:

Ludwig: 26,15,18, 15 snare
Piece of shit: 20, 16,12,14,16, 15 snare

.If anyone has some information for me..thank you!:)
Has two bands with ridicolous names.

anaconda

black stallion

i think he sold the Ludwig kit fom the early days to the Tweak Bird guy

... luckiest man ever?

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

TheSwingSet

"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Quote from: black stallion on April 01, 2014, 04:14:57 PM
i think he sold the Ludwig kit fom the early days to the Tweak Bird guy

... luckiest man ever?

hell yes. fuckin yes.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
I WANNA HAVE 1100 DOLLARS AND FREE SHIPPING TO EUROPE

TheSwingSet

Like I Said It's a great deal.
I had the same size set up years ago but it was a vintage Tama Imperialstar set...do not know where it ended up as I left it in Brooklyn with the band Bad Wizard who were "borrowing" it. Never saw or heard from those guys again.
John Sherman who I let use them now drums for Red Fang and I have reached out over and over to get that set back!
I will say tuning a 15x14 Rack Tom can be a BITCH!
especially when playing live, it seemed like after every 2-3 songs I would have to re-tune it.

Regardless. Hope someone snatches this deal up.
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

deatheats

Please don't put your drums in the hands of a Rock n Roll band....Who'll throw it all away

Dumpster D

Same I have A rogers 15 Inch tom with staying in tune things.

black stallion

hey drumfreak,did you see this? i think it's a nice read!

http://tama.com/silverstar/daleCrover.html

hey stallion,

yeah, I´ve already read it like...3 times :D
It´s really interesting but I still don´t understand his tuning technique..can somebody help me?:)

black stallion

Quote from: drumfreak:) on April 05, 2014, 06:30:09 AM
hey stallion,

It´s really interesting but I still don´t understand his tuning technique..can somebody help me?:)

i can't help unfortunately. ask Dumpster D!

meezer

Quote from: black stallion on April 05, 2014, 06:33:03 AM
Quote from: drumfreak:) on April 05, 2014, 06:30:09 AM
hey stallion,

i can't help unfortunately. ask Dumpster D!
I just joined a group of musicians, still not quite a band. I'm the only one who even had a clue how to set up the drums or tune them. Our "drummer" just started playing. He's over 45. He's actually got good rhythm and he can play the same groove for 10 minutes. So that's about where we're at. I learned the basics from YouTube videos. I didn't really learn much from that Tama blog thing. I hope Dale does a YouTube video on it, someday. Or not, if he doesn't want to. He's earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants, in my book.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

one year went by and sadly this thread didn´t get any attention... :(
am i the only gear neard here?!:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3S0qx4rr2I
i deeply fell in love with that concert, just because of the drumset.
so...does anyone have a guess what sizes this could be?
i´m going for 24" bassdrum, 16" racktom and 18" floortom.

meezer

What did you think of the cocktail kit, at the Permanent Records gig? That should be in here. Hope they tour someday as Melvins Lite Lite, or whatever they called it.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Dumpster D

Naw, I wish they had the Clout to go back to being *Melvins SUPREME* with the wheel and deal Ear-Raping disgusting sound vomit and 110 Db of Ear piercing Jet-engine style PA system they had back in the day to bring along and practically double the Venues sound capacity.

But of course they have tamed it down in the best way possible for the right amount of intimacy at shows to really properly connect with an audience at a reasonable volume and an early night too.

Cant say I could withstand or subject myself to that type of Punishment for over a decade or more and still sweat balls and wrench my vocal cords and Tendons and tour and basically Run like a goddamn Tractor at that Age every six ways from Sunday.

That is hardened, these guys are tough nuts, Like take your best and double it Tough at any volume.