melvins - your choice live

Started by anaconda, January 09, 2004, 09:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain CoryCory

Prindle is fuckin gold.

Still, this grew on me after a while. I really dig Anaconda and Eye Flys.

homeless_dad

I'm assuming it's Dale introducing anaconda?  I can't make out some of what is said during this part.  Sounds like "its a danube song" or something.  Then he says "its called...", and then you can faintly hear some dude in the audience yell "atta crawl!".  Followed by the drum intro to Ana.

I really like this album.  It was one of my first melvins purchases prolly in 1994.
Is Ian back yet??

black stallion

although it's not official (i guess), this is the best melvins live album
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(((O)))

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on November 08, 2012, 05:25:31 AM
Quote from: black stallion on November 08, 2012, 05:24:44 AM
this is the best melvins live album
Houdini Live for me.

that one too! but your choice covers a different era (and heaviness) of the band. plus drum sound is mindblowing

buddy holiday

Quote from: black stallion on November 08, 2012, 05:27:12 AM
Quote from: )))((( on November 08, 2012, 05:25:31 AM
Quote from: black stallion on November 08, 2012, 05:24:44 AM
this is the best melvins live album
Houdini Live for me.

that one too! but your choice covers a different era (and heaviness) of the band. plus drum sound is mindblowing
ha, i just listened to your choice yesterday (after a pretty long time) again and i have to agree it is one of their best live albums. i still like fucker club a tad more though.

homeless_dad

Best live album for me is pick your battles the '89 show. 
It changed the way I heard Ozma.  Every other live recording I had heard of oven was faster than the Ozma version until pyb.  All the songs seemed slower and more abrasive.  And the fact that they played at punk central Berkley with a quiet crowd is comical.  Bless Walsby for that gem.
Is Ian back yet??

Yanayaya

You can easily find a copy of this LP here:  Discogs.com
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Johnnydayton

I have this album on CD and Vinyl.  Its gotta to be one of the greatest live albums ever.  It's fuckin brilliant!

black stallion

Quote from: Johnnydayton on June 02, 2013, 10:40:48 PM
I have this album on CD and Vinyl.  Its gotta to be one of the greatest live albums ever.  It's fuckin brilliant!

totally,its their best live album

pinkyslim

glen

a live version of Heater Moves and Eyes...   you gotta be shittin me.  it's brilliant.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

homeless_dad

Quote from: glen on June 06, 2013, 06:55:17 AM
a live version of Heater Moves and Eyes...   you gotta be shittin me.  it's brilliant.
Since I owned YCLS before I heard gluey porch treatments, for years I thought the song was called Heather moves and eyes due to the misspell on the track listing. 

Also, when I heard the original gluey version I realized the song didn't end right after the guitar solo.  A pleasant surprise.
Is Ian back yet??

drumfreak:)

I bought it on our holiday in Germany and when we came home I immediately listened to it and now I have a problem.
Should I love a girl who won´t ever love me back, because I´m her best friend or should I love this just frickin great vinyl?
I´m going for both.
And hell, this lp is just brilliant.
I mean....just listen to the drums. They´re fucking huge! And everything else is huge, too!
The songs are perfect!
When I first read that there´d be Revulsion on it, I didn´t believe it. But hell yes, it´s just great.
And Eye Flys is just great. My fav live version so far!

I just love this great piece of music.
Has two bands with ridicolous names.

(PAUL)

Quote from: homeless_dad on November 08, 2012, 01:08:47 AM
I'm assuming it's Dale introducing anaconda?  I can't make out some of what is said during this part.  Sounds like "its a danube song" or something.  Then he says "its called...", and then you can faintly hear some dude in the audience yell "atta crawl!".  Followed by the drum intro to Ana.

I really like this album.  It was one of my first melvins purchases prolly in 1994.

It sounds like me Dale saying "It's a dandy of a song" and the guy in the crowd yelling "Melvins rule!"
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.