Melvins summer dates!!!

Started by Melvinsaniac, February 26, 2010, 01:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erin

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on May 12, 2010, 09:14:33 PM
Quote from: erin on May 12, 2010, 08:35:40 PM
I'm going to the Washington DC date and depending on how my finances look... maybe even the Philly show... a girl can dream.

I gotta go to DC too, but the sound is really good at 930 & it's at least 4 times bigger than Ottobar.  I'd  still rather see 'em at the Ottobar. Not a whole lot of places to blaze though, I'm thinking about making cookies & letting my wife drive.
I love seeing the Melvins at the Ottobar since it's so intimate, but 9:30 definitely has better sound. I saw DEVO there in November and it's a pretty nice venue.
Me and my boyfriend had the same idea about the cookies  :lol: I just can't think of a good way to get them into the venue without them getting all nasty. The best part is we're taking the Amtrak in.

Hi DC!
TV Mind... time to wake up

Jozzy

Annnd it looks like I am not going to be able to make the Detroit show now :cry: :x

glen

Quote from: Jozzy on May 20, 2010, 10:03:27 AM
Annnd it looks like I am not going to be able to make the Detroit show now :cry: :x

wha?!?!

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Jozzy

Quote from: glen on May 20, 2010, 12:42:20 PM
Quote from: Jozzy on May 20, 2010, 10:03:27 AM

wha?!?!

Yeah. Exactly :? One of my friends is getting married and having his bachelor party the day of the show. Normally I would say, "well, you fucked up by having it on the day of a Melvins show. I am not going to be there".  But his brother(and also one of my longtime friends) is coming home from Afghanistan the day before. So basically I have been guilted hardcore from all my friends to be there seeing he will be going back shortly after for god knows how long.  I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. And I've even tried the "Well, lets go see the Melvins for your bachelor party!" As you can imagine that didn't fly.

This is going to be the first time in a very long time that I have missed a Michigan show. I really, really, really hope they come through again after they do their European tour, but I am not holding my breath. Fuck.