Boner Records Re-releases Ozma and Bullhead

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, February 18, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baruk

Held off on buying the two-fer reissue...is the pressing quality the same for the double bullhead/ozma and the single gatefold editions for each of the albums?

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Dumpster D

wow! Those Ampex boxes are prehistoric, would be miraculous if those tapes are even holding up still.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Dumpster D on December 18, 2022, 03:44:56 PM
wow! Those Ampex boxes are prehistoric, would be miraculous if those tapes are even holding up still.

They'll probably need to be baked. Many of the recent Zappa releases were pulled from tapes 20 years older or more than that. It's a long tedious process, but it can be done. Joe Travers said with some of those Zappa tapes, they were baked/played once and transferred/digitized simultaneously. So if it didn't work the first time, you'd basically lose everything.
Hopefully they were stored well. In the recent SST book, it was stated that the reason why you'll never see any of those early '80s classic SST releases re-issued/re-mastered is because the tapes were stored in such horrible climate/conditions and most didn't survive.

vince furnier

Tom pointed out that the full tracklist (not shown here) has a track dedicated to the amp fan for the SVT bass amp. maybe for noise cancelling purposes?
Welcome to my Nightmare!

rimb

Quote from: vince furnier on December 18, 2022, 06:19:34 PM
Tom pointed out that the full tracklist (not shown here) has a track dedicated to the amp fan for the SVT bass amp. maybe for noise cancelling purposes?

Instant drone classic!

:lol:

ODB3

Quote from: vince furnier on December 18, 2022, 06:19:34 PM

The first sound on the album to start Vile is the miced up amp fan.  The bass guitar amp was a Mesa Boogie Bass 400+, not an svt.  They're heavy fuckers to move around.  Pinkus sold his 400 that he used for 30+ years during the pandemic and I wanted to buy it.

baruk

Interesting thing on the handwritten track titles: I wonder if  'clawed' was supposed to be spelled that way versus how it came out on the release ('Claude').

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!