Melvins streaming live in roughly 45 minutes

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, September 21, 2017, 12:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DToxico

Kind of surprised that the Melvins have never taken part in the Adult Swim music stuff, like their singles series or one of their comps like Metal Swim; they'd fit right in considering those have been the outlet for material by bands with a lot of fanbase overlap with our boys, like Mastodon, Boris, Jesu, High on Fire, Isis, Kylesa and so on. Then again, Buzz also doesn't seem too keen on releasing new music for free on the internet, if his comments about the Bulls and the Bees are anything to go by.

))))((((

Quote from: DToxico on October 31, 2017, 11:42:35 AM
The Bulls and the Bees
It still baffles me a little why the band ever released that with Scion AV. Im guessing they approached the band rather than the other way around. But it was a surprise since they have a good thing going it seems with Ipecac. Although of course it did get the full "proper" label treatment eventually.

rimb

DToxico

Quote from: ))))(((( on October 31, 2017, 11:49:46 AM
Quote from: DToxico on October 31, 2017, 11:42:35 AM
The Bulls and the Bees
It still baffles me a little why the band ever released that with Scion AV. Im guessing they approached the band rather than the other way around. But it was a surprise since they have a good thing going it seems with Ipecac. Although of course it did get the full "proper" label treatment eventually.

Scion AV was trying to do this whole EPs/concert/festival series where they were seeking out and associating themselves with 'hip' bands like the Melvins, Corrosion of Conformity, Pig Destroyer, Meshuggah, and some others I'm forgetting, to try and appeal to that niche audience who I'm sure doesn't usually give a rat's ass about Toyota. COC did a free EP with them too that was pretty awesome.

Nizamark

rimb

Quote from: Nizamark on November 07, 2017, 07:10:03 PM

http://ondemand.rrr.org.au/live

^streaming live from australia right now

Replayable here by the looks of it.

BERZERKER